A long day!

Overpaid Union Thug

No such thing, dude.
It might be hard to believe but I'm not exaggerating when I say that some of us preloaders are getting slammed from start to finish. There is no lull in flow at all for me.
Meanwhile the loader across the belt from me sometimes goes 4 or 5 minutes without a package, just standing in her trucks making the spa labels symmetrical and pretty.
You just can't outwork a horrible dispatch.
It can easily be accomplished at the end if there’s no slow down before. But like I said......sometimes there is just too much. And allot of large items.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
You’re not supposed to carry the hand cart in the cab. It could become a projectile in the event of an accident.
When i think accident, i remember someone told me how a driver was burned alive because a truck infront of him poured hot tar/ coal on the package car....

Est.1998

These pictures are ridiculous. I say we make a Facebook page and post them all so Joe Public can see the way UPS treats their pkgs. Everyday, every single day lately, I’m spending 1/2 hour-1hour basically reloading my truck. At least my loader puts the air in the cab so I can make service
I always do this. Supervisor told me, I need to be on lunch if I'm reorganizing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You’re not supposed to carry the hand cart in the cab. It could become a projectile in the event of an accident.

I used to put it in the step area in front of the jump seat and secured it with the seat belt. There were also days when all of Walmart would not fit and the overflow was in the cab.

Shhh.......don't tell anybody. :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When it's warm and I'm lunching in the cab, I always open the bulkhead and the rear door to let the heat escape the cargo area.

When I had my country run I would "clean out" the cargo area by opening up all of the doors and driving up and down a back road. Speed up, slow down, repeat as needed-----got most if not all of the peanuts and other debris out.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
It's not a question of wisdom it's a question of :censored2: hitting the fan during preload.
It's easy to saunter in and look at a truck and figure out how the packages should be organized under optimal conditions, it's another thing when you're in the trenches on preload, loading 4 trucks minimum, and pirouetting around piles of stack out while holding 4-5 packages in your hands each time you enter a truck
It's easier to trip, fall, and grab your knee in pain
16-2.png

Staydryitsraining

If the preloaders had any balls they would load the trucks correctly let all other volume go to the end of the belt and then explain that they cant possibly handle all the volume safely and need help if it's an issue.