a million dead americans less important than stock market

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That sounds about right. What you want is Cadillac insurance for Hyundai prices. With the government(us) paying for it. We'll end up with Cadillac prices and Hyundai quality.
Perhaps you really HAVE been out of the loop- I don't think Cadillac is necessarily a vehicle that is the top of the list for quality. Lol.
It's a common aphorism!

18222.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Models are for a point in time based on available knowledge and assumptions.
As time progresses, knowledge increases and assumptions diminish.
As time progresses, models increasingly concur with reality.
Ya but there were zero assumptions modeled in about the effect of the spread on behavior.

A freshman in high school could have made a model without any change in human behavior or medical improvisations along the way.

We shouldn't be making public policy on garbage models like that.

bacha29

Forest fires are natural (except in California)Natures way of thinning the herd and producing hearty trees and vegetation .
Viruses are natural..natures way of thinning the herd. Only problem is, it produces more idiots on the left.
Be sure to tell that to the families of the 1300 Americans who died from COVID 19 that this is a natural thinning of the herd.
If one of your own "herd' catches the virus and dies from it, then be sure to tell the other members of your "herd" that this is simply another natural way to thin the "herd'.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Ya but there were zero assumptions modeled in about the effect of the spread on behavior.

A freshman in high school could have made a model without any change in human behavior or medical improvisations along the way.

We shouldn't be making public policy on garbage models like that.
The assumptions were known and the politicians spread the gospel to get the desired behavior of the masses.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Be sure to tell that to the families of the 1300 Americans who died from COVID 19 that this is a natural thinning of the herd.
If one of your own "herd' catches the virus and dies from it, then be sure to tell the other members of your "herd" that this is simply another natural way to thin the "herd'.
Why don't we shut down the entire economy for the flu every year? Be sure to tell the families of those dead that you don't care about them as much as you do about scoring political points against Trump.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Luckily for you, the thinning of the herd is not based on intelligence!

Box Ox

I didn't say I'm against Cadillac. Just don't know that they are high on the list as far as quality goes. I've been wrong before though.

While the initial quality of American cars is high, they’re dog :censored2: over time. They just fall apart. Been my personal experience and what I’ve read from JD Power, Consumer Reports, etc.

oldngray

nowhere special
While the initial quality of American cars is high, they’re dog :censored2: over time. They just fall apart. Been my personal experience and what I’ve read from JD Power, Consumer Reports, etc.
JD Power shills for who pays them for ratings and Consumer Reports has been garbage for years.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So you too believe that every disease is a natural thinning of the "herd" ? Of course!
So why didn't we also simply accept Tuberculosis , Polio, Cancer, AIDS, Measles, Leukemia as a natural thinning of the "herd"? We didn't!
Because we, the human species, are unnaturally smart.
Life goes on, we develop therapeutics and vaccines as quickly as we can.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
no bc you end up paying for it in repairs. they are not recommended

you need to buy a mazda 3 gt 2018 or earlier
Mazda's skyactiv engine technology is good in theory but doesn't hold up, and costs a fortune to fix. Seriously if you have major engine trouble you might as well junk it.

bacha29

Because, IDIOT. This is NOT the flu.
Try as they may what health officials cannot seem to get through some people's heads is the sheer lethality of COVID -19 along with the complete lack of a vaccine or a truly effective way to treat it . And it's expected to be at least 21 more days before the number of new cases begins to head downward.