A new sub forum for Fedex ground..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think it's a silly idea. People are free to move through all forums around here and a sub forum wouldn't change that one bit. I think what you are looking for is your own exclusive chat room. MFE had considered something along these lines a while back. I think he found the obstacles to be formidable.

What? Quit pretending I ever advocated for a separation of Ground/Express. Sorry you feel the need to make things up. I had considered my own website, but simply do not have the time to properly administer it.

bbsam

Staff member
What? Quit pretending I ever advocated for a separation of Ground/Express. Sorry you feel the need to make things up. I had considered my own website, but simply do not have the time to properly administer it.
that's not really what I was suggesting, or meant to suggest but ok. It wasn't the separation of Ground and Express but from BC all together.

STFXG

It's Cheryl's world. We're all just living in it.

What fun would it be for the 4 or 5 of us ground folk on here to go congratulate each other in our own sub forum? Sounds boring.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I have to admit, one of the things that keeps me coming back is the constant bickering and sparring. It's like watching some sort of bizarre inter-active Looney Tunes - it's FUN! ... I think everyone would soon find it quite boring if the place were divided up into sub-forums where everyone just agreed with one another that it all sucks and boo hoo.

PublicWifi

I've been reading these forums for quite some time. There's a lot of Ground / HD trolling. I drive for Ground, which means I'm a push-off vendor for FedEx. I read every Express driver's concerns posted on these forums. Their problems will, in the end, affect me. The future and direction of this company is, as I've observed, dictated first by how the Express drivers are treated (expectations and demands). The same BS philosophy of demanding Express drivers to deliver beyond their limits is exactly what is imposed upon us, here in Ground / HD terminals. However, in this example, it was forced upon Express before Ground.

I do more stops and pickups then the 3 Express drivers in my area (individually, of course). Of these 3 drivers, only one is screwed as far as pickups / windows / traffic and has more then enough reason for stressing out and receiving my sympathy. The other two are done at 4pm sharp. One of which walks slower then a USPS carrier delivering a package to a front door. He lingers at the local hospital, shuffling along, doing a few deliveries over the course of an hour. I'm done delivering to 15 suites before he hits 5. Yeah, wish I could milk my hourly wages like that. GG.

No, Express, you're not leaving in a p1000 stepvan with barely any heat, salaried, no benefits, 320 packages, and picking up 250-400 on a daily basis. No, you're not delivering 150lb packages to 3rd floor apartments. No, you're not leaving with 20 over sized packages which weigh 100+ lbs each. I'd like to see you load a truck, bricked out, with 3-4 TONS of freight and then head off to another 8-12 pickups. As in posts made previously, implying that Ground drivers are stuck on a linear means of thinking (Start at point A, end at Point B) is down right ridiculous. So if we can get past the whole self-righteous, "I'm better then thou!" BS, we'd be better off on these forums.

The endless and needless bickering aimed at Ground / HD drivers needs to end, because when the day is done, I surely work harder then the majority of the outspoken whiners on these forums. The last thing I, or we need, is to read about some keyboard jockey thinking he's the righteous savior of FedEx with great wisdom to shed upon our broken, problematic, criminalized lifestyles.

As per a division between Ground / HD / Express in these forums, it wouldn't matter. The trolling would extend into our forums just the same. Why? Trolls.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've been reading these forums for quite some time. There's a lot of Ground / HD trolling. I drive for Ground, which means I'm a push-off vendor for FedEx. I read every Express driver's concerns posted on these forums. Their problems will, in the end, affect me. The future and direction of this company is, as I've observed, dictated first by how the Express drivers are treated (expectations and demands). The same BS philosophy of demanding Express drivers to deliver beyond their limits is exactly what is imposed upon us, here in Ground / HD terminals. However, in this example, it was forced upon Express before Ground.

I do more stops and pickups then the 3 Express drivers in my area (individually, of course). Of these 3 drivers, only one is screwed as far as pickups / windows / traffic and has more then enough reason for stressing out and receiving my sympathy. The other two are done at 4pm sharp. One of which walks slower then a USPS carrier delivering a package to a front door. He lingers at the local hospital, shuffling along, doing a few deliveries over the course of an hour. I'm done delivering to 15 suites before he hits 5. Yeah, wish I could milk my hourly wages like that. GG.

No, Express, you're not leaving in a p1000 stepvan with barely any heat, salaried, no benefits, 320 packages, and picking up 250-400 on a daily basis. No, you're not delivering 150lb packages to 3rd floor apartments. No, you're not leaving with 20 over sized packages which weigh 100+ lbs each. I'd like to see you load a truck, bricked out, with 3-4 TONS of freight and then head off to another 8-12 pickups. As in posts made previously, implying that Ground drivers are stuck on a linear means of thinking (Start at point A, end at Point B) is down right ridiculous. So if we can get past the whole self-righteous, "I'm better then thou!" BS, we'd be better off on these forums.

The endless and needless bickering aimed at Ground / HD drivers needs to end, because when the day is done, I surely work harder then the majority of the outspoken whiners on these forums. The last thing I, or we need, is to read about some keyboard jockey thinking he's the righteous savior of FedEx with great wisdom to shed upon our broken, problematic, criminalized lifestyles.

As per a division between Ground / HD / Express in these forums, it wouldn't matter. The trolling would extend into our forums just the same. Why? Trolls.
I saw a Ground driver with neck tattoos last week

cancan

I actually enjoy the mix. Hearing from ground peeps. MFE. Even UpstateNY offers a UPS perspective. I have no idea why he took interest in the Fedex side of things. But I enjoy the debate and opinions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have to admit, one of the things that keeps me coming back is the constant bickering and sparring. It's like watching some sort of bizarre inter-active Looney Tunes - it's FUN! ... I think everyone would soon find it quite boring if the place were divided up into sub-forums where everyone just agreed with one another that it all sucks and boo hoo.

How about a new sub-human forum just for Ground? Now, that makes sense.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Do you smoke the crack or just sprinkle it in your Kool-Aid? Jesus...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Given the content of your posts and the wild accusations you make on a daily basis, I find it ironic that you'd ask such a question. Move on, MrTrollEx.

My record here (11,000 plus posts) indicates otherwise. Please list my "wild accusations". If something is questionable or anecdotal, I state so. Go drink your Kool-Aid.

PublicWifi

My record here (11,000 plus posts) indicates otherwise. Please list my "wild accusations". If something is questionable or anecdotal, I state so. Go drink your Kool-Aid.

Boasting of your post count is irrelevant. If you prefer to feign ignorance regarding the unnecessary and perpetual trolling, part of your 11,000 troll count, then that's your prerogative. If you have something relevant to add to these conversations other then childish insults from the MrFedEx - self righteous library, let me know.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Boasting of your post count is irrelevant. If you prefer to feign ignorance regarding the unnecessary and perpetual trolling, part of your 11,000 troll count, then that's your prerogative. If you have something relevant to add to these conversations other then childish insults from the MrFedEx - self righteous library, let me know.

Whatever. I make twice what you do per hour and actually have a (crappy) benefits package. I own my home outright, have investments, and will be able to pay for college for my 3 kids. Can you say the same? I always maxed-out 401k and worked a side job. You can think whatever you want of me, but you sound like a loser in a loser job for a loser company. Oh, that's right...you aren't even an employee. Shove it, Kool-Aid boy.