A positive new thread, positively

menotyou

bella amicizia
[h=1]The 12 Steps[/h]
  • Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable
  • Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity
  • Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood God
  • Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
  • Step 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs
  • Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character
  • Step 7 - Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings
  • Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all
  • Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others
  • Step 10 - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it
  • Step 11 - Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out
  • Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
After reading all the things everyone loves it seems we are like other people after all. I say we try and bring some that humanity to work and spread it around. I pledge to start my new "view" of all my co-workers on Monday, how about you?

Let me know if you can maintain your "new view" for more than 10 minutes.
There is no room for humanity in that cinder block fortress.

Floyd Gondolli

I like going to Wal Mart and staring at overweight Whitey. The heartbeat of this great country of ours. Take off your hats and put your hand over your chest.

Read Bukowski!

DorkHead

I like waking up to the alarm on Saturday, knowing I don`t have to get up
I love playing golf on the weekend even if I shoot a horrible score.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I love the feel of a puppy tummy.
I love puppy breathe (smelly but you know puppy is healthy).
I love rubbing the soft short silky downy hairs of Malamute ears.

I love the sound of Lake Michigan at 3 o'clock in the morning. I could hear the echo of the surf breaking when standing in the driveway - when I thought I was sneaking in after a night of partying. (Mom & Dad knew when tried to sneak in...)

I love the sound of a solo saxophone echoing in the French Quarter of New Orleans or anywhere in the world.
I love the way the flag of the United States of America looks with a spotlight shining it at night.
I love it when the Star Spangled Banner is so majestically sung that I am left in a world of running mascara and a shortage of Kleenex.

I love the moment I recognize the first three chords of Amazing Grace and I stop for a second to think how blessed I am by the Grace of God.

I love a fresh box of 8 Crayola Crayons and the pure colors inside.

satellitedriver

She had this big smile, must have leapt to the door, and her hubby standing in the kitchen. they had just got back from the doc, and he was cancer free!!
I left with a different attitude.
I love this thread and just about everything everyone else loves.
Toon's post hit a personal note, on several levels.
Last year I was diagnosed with colon cancer.
I was amazed at the support from the people I deliver to and not surprised by the non support of the company I worked for, after 24yrs.
I spent 10 weeks recovering from surgery and was rewarded with a 10hr day when I got back to work.
That was a year ago.
I was scheduled for my next test this last Friday.
On Monday, a customer asked for special delivery of his pkg's on Friday and I explained that I would be off Thursday and Friday for tests.-(he was the only person I told)-
I loved what happened Tuesday and Wednesday.
People stopped me and said they were praying for me.
People expecting deliveries left cards on their doors for me.
What I really loved was the smile on my doctors face when he told me I was 100% clean.
I loved the look of relief in my wife's eyes when he said it.
That was just yesterday.
I loved waking up this morning.
Cup of coffee in hand and my wife smilingly asking what we were going to get done today.
To love and be loved,
doesn't get any better than that.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I love this thread and just about everything everyone else loves.
Toon's post hit a personal note, on several levels.
Last year I was diagnosed with colon cancer.
I was amazed at the support from the people I deliver to and not surprised by the non support of the company I worked for, after 24yrs.
I spent 10 weeks recovering from surgery and was rewarded with a 10hr day when I got back to work.
That was a year ago.
I was scheduled for my next test this last Friday.
On Monday, a customer asked for special delivery of his pkg's on Friday and I explained that I would be off Thursday and Friday for tests.-(he was the only person I told)-
I loved what happened Tuesday and Wednesday.
People stopped me and said they were praying for me.
People expecting deliveries left cards on their doors for me.
What I really loved was the smile on my doctors face when he told me I was 100% clean.
I loved the look of relief in my wife's eyes when he said it.
That was just yesterday.
I loved waking up this morning.
Cup of coffee in hand and my wife smilingly asking what we were going to get done today.
To love and be loved,
doesn't get any better than that.

Sat, that is AWESOME news. I'm sooo happy for you. Very very good news.:thumbsup: