A Positive Thread For A Change

By The Book

who broke your nice button? Don't give me a red x without considering the possible fact pattern that even though you believe this was a staged PR event wrought with pandering to the media, could you revisit the fact pattern and possible give lip service to the detail that the child is ill and any, quote any relief to that child is in fact an act of kindness whether orchestrated or not. I disagree with your RED X Mr. Hades Sparkler!@HELLFIRE
I know what side of you I want to be on!

Luke Thighrocker

It's UPSers not the New York Times
The company posted it on all of their social media channels. Not the New York Times for sure but, it got plenty of attention.

All due respect to Scratch, I saw it on FB before I saw it here. IMO, this is a situation where, a great hourly saw an opportunity to do something great in the community that feeds him. Driver mentions it to his business manager. Business manager has three options. Ignore it. Act on it quietly and receive little to no recognition. Or, act and tell it on the mountain to his managers. Each one of them get a pat on the head and a "that's a good boy" to pad their resumes for future advancement.

The great hourly for whom, none of this would be possible gets another 11.5 hour dispatch and maybe, $100 worth of merchandise from the company catalog.

This company is a money machine. It doesn't do "feel good". It doesn't do "heartfelt". And, it wouldn't have shared such a story if, it didn't think it could capitalize upon it.

Sorry, @scratch, I love your posts and I'm not trying befoul this one. The real "feel good" story here only exists between a great driver and sick child and his family.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The company posted it on all of their social media channels. Not the New York Times for sure but, it got plenty of attention.

All due respect to Scratch, I saw it on FB before I saw it here. IMO, this is a situation where, a great hourly saw an opportunity to do something great in the community that feeds him. Driver mentions it to his business manager. Business manager has three options. Ignore it. Act on it quietly and receive little to no recognition. Or, act and tell it on the mountain to his managers. Each one of them get a pat on the head and a "that's a good boy" to pad their resumes for future advancement.

The great hourly for whom, none of this would be possible gets another 11.5 hour dispatch and maybe, $100 worth of merchandise from the company catalog.

This company is a money machine. It doesn't do "feel good". It doesn't do "heartfelt". And, it wouldn't have shared such a story if, it didn't think it could capitalize upon it.

Sorry, @scratch, I love your posts and I'm not trying befoul this one. The real "feel good" story here only exists between a great driver and sick child and his family.
Well said

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
@Luke Thighwalker and everybody else. I'm well aware that the company posted this as a piece of publicity, I would have never heard of it otherwise. I simply posted this thread as something a little more positive for once. Normally if something positive happens concerning UPS it gets shot to Hell on this site in no time, so after ten years here I am not naive enough to expect anything else. I like to think that not everything in this world is done for evil and greedy purposes, I try to be happy in life and enjoy it as much as I can. I first came to Brown Cafe like I suppose everybody else does, I wanted to share similar experiences with people who have the same struggles as I do. At home with my spouse and children, they never grasp the difficulties that all of us go through on a daily basis. I would like to think that most of us come here to blow off steam and share a few laughs. The people arguing with total strangers in the Current Events and Union Forums I feel sorry for. I go out and do good things for people and try to give my customers the best service no matter what for my own good. I'm not that cynical about everything concerning my employer. I'm not forced against my will to work where I do.

Off my soapbox, carry on.

Luke Thighrocker

@Luke Thighwalker and everybody else. I'm well aware that the company posted this as a piece of publicity, I would have never heard of it otherwise. I simply posted this thread as something a little more positive for once. Normally if something positive happens concerning UPS it gets shot to Hell on this site in no time, so after ten years here I am not naive enough to expect anything else. I like to think that not everything in this world is done for evil and greedy purposes, I try to be happy in life and enjoy it as much as I can. I first came to Brown Cafe like I suppose everybody else does, I wanted to share similar experiences with people who have the same struggles as I do. At home with my spouse and children, they never grasp the difficulties that all of us go through on a daily basis. I would like to think that most of us come here to blow off steam and share a few laughs. The people arguing with total strangers in the Current Events and Union Forums I feel sorry for. I go out and do good things for people and try to give my customers the best service no matter what for my own good. I'm not that cynical about everything concerning my employer. I'm not forced against my will to work where I do.

Respect, sir.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

class act

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It's nice to be reminded sometimes that drivers deliver more than just packages. We get jaded in our interactions with customers sometimes. And it is nice to hear a positive story about how in a small way we can bring a smile to someone's face when we show up

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Good reply

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1459186949.461925.jpg

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
who broke your nice button? Don't give me a red x without considering the possible fact pattern that even though you believe this was a staged PR event wrought with pandering to the media, could you revisit the fact pattern and possible give lip service to the detail that the child is ill and any, quote any relief to that child is in fact an act of kindness whether orchestrated or not. I disagree with your RED X Mr. Hades Sparkler!@HELLFIRE
What are you talking about?