A response to Jamie Flemming's "White Board" Video

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Because we don't want college educated people in the Teamsters.
Better to have experience than knowledge in most cases. Would I hire a plumber with 30 years experience that didn't go to school for it or hire the guy or gal that had no experience but just got out of school.

Tony Q

Maybe it’s okay that a 14 year part timer is 14 dollars an hour behind someone they work directly next to doing same job. I’m sure a 14 year driver would find that agreeable also? She completely distorts the facts on part time wages.
When does it being only a part time job come into the equation?

542thruNthru

landscape-1482341593-horrified-1.gif

This rant should be good. :)

Time for change

When is actual COLA going to be part of equation? When is the gap going to stop widening? Or is it just brand new hires that see all the benefit? For over 20 years the starting wage didn’t budge Tony Q. Those that got hired at the end of that time period got screwed. Have your little friend to the math on wages adjusted for inflation the past 35 years and get back to me.

Last edited:

llamainmypocket

Wtf is with this mentality towards the :censored2:ty hours ups gives us being used as an excuse to :censored2: us over?

The fact that it's a part time job with a 17.5 hour guarentee is part of the problem. It's not an excuse to duck us over more.

Time for change

So it’s okay to distort facts because it’s part time? It’s okay that part time pay has regressed substantially since the 80’s? You will see the greatest jump in voting participation from part timers in UPS history. Thanks for waking us up.

Part time wages for one. She completely neglects part timers with over 3 years and acts as though we are all getting a huge bump. I could shower you with facts on part time starting wages over the past 35 years and adjusted for inflation. Fact is we are getting screwed, particularly middle seniority part timers getting squeezed. I’m sure you think it’s okay that a 3 year person will make the same as one coming off the street.

Shower away with these facts. Just include the fact that the apathetic PT are responsible for it.
Maybe it’s okay that a 14 year part timer is 14 dollars an hour behind someone they work directly next to doing same job. I’m sure a 14 year driver would find that agreeable also? She completely distorts the facts on part time wages.

It's fine that a 4-year driver makes as much as a 24-year driver...no reason that a 3-year PTer should be making the same as a new-hire though, that's completely out of line.

El Correcto

god is dead
A former IBT employee who never worked a day in her life as a Teamster in a Teamster craft and makes over $100k/year did a hit job on a rank and file package car driver for advocating against the contract.. and you're upset someone responded to that?
Damn 100k a year? Better be a damn impressive sandwich she making.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
She's a dues paying Teamster for the purposes of eligibility to run for union office but has never worked as a rank and file member. I put her in the same classification as Todd T and Christie B.

She was hired by IBT directly out of college and then began working for L174.

And Hoffa Jr.

So now I'm responsible for the part timers that came before me because they didn't vote? :censored2: me, right? That seems to be your argument, part timers can :censored2: off because of part timers.

Not my point at all, just not interested in hearing how it's anyone else's fault anymore.

It took the apathetic PT decades to friend you guys over that bad, it would be a stretch to ask that it be fixed in one contract.

I'm all for voting against this contract, but my expectations are (in my mind) a little more reasonable than what most others are.

llamainmypocket

Not my point at all, just not interested in hearing how it's anyone else's fault anymore.

It took the apathetic PT decades to friend you guys over that bad, it would be a stretch to ask that it be fixed in one contract.

I'm all for voting against this contract, but my expectations are (in my mind) a little more reasonable than what most others are.

UPS is only addressing part time wages because minimum wage rates are being raised across the country and they can't staff the hubs anymore. There won't be improvements next contract. This is it for the next 10 years.

Time for change

UPS is only addressing part time wages because minimum wage rates are being raised across the country and they can't staff the hubs anymore. There won't be improvements next contract. This is it for the next 10 years.
Unless they can’t get a contract passed without doing something about it. I believe the power of grassroots social media will be on full display when the votes are tallied.