A shooting that erupted after an employee's disciplinary hearing left nine people --

DS

Fenderbender
Re: A shooting that erupted after an employee's disciplinary hearing left nine people

This argument about guns is a two way street ..A disproportionate amount of people die in the USA
from gun related crimes every year than here in Canada.Klein's wild west comment comes to mind.On the other hand,you
can't change because your right to carry a gun is in your constitution.You were brought up to believe this,and that's just
the way it is.I find it sad that every Americans chances of being involved in a gun crime are increased because of this.
Even in our own forum there has been someone affected twice albeit indirectly by someone getting shot.
I used to argue with over9 about this,but I guess I saw the light.With all the maniacs running around down there that have
the right to be armed,only a fool would choose not to be.

bbsam

Staff member
Re: A shooting that erupted after an employee's disciplinary hearing left nine people

Actually klien, when people don't know just what weapon someone might be carrying, they tend to act quite pleasant towards each other.
As explained on the show Wild West Tech.

Actually I act pleasant toward people because I'm a nice guy.

klein

Für Meno :)

Gee, I wonder how some of you guns activists can go on vacation.
Go on a cruise, sleep in a room with no gun....
Travel to any another foreign country, and again, you need to sleep without a gun.

Must be perionoid ?

Home safe home, right ?

As being a young steward isn't hard enough now I have to worry about being the victim of a travesty like this.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Manchester police released the names of those who died in the shooting.
Among the dead are 57-year-old Francis Fazio Jr.,
56-year-old Douglas Scruton,
49-year-old Edwin Kennison,
51-year-old William Ackerman,
51-year-old Bryan Cirigliano,
60-year-old Craig Pepin,
50-year-old Louis Felder Jr.
and 61-year-old Victor James. Police listed two men survived gunshot wounds.
In addition to Steven Hollander, 77-year-old Jerome Rosenstein is in critical condition at Hartford Hospital.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/connecticu...ed-racial-harassment/story?id=11330589&page=1

moreluck

golden ticket member

(I remember this)

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD

An illegal alien in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area and as soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: 'Because that's all the ammunition we had..' Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes... When asked by a reporter how that could be since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied: (BEST QUOTE of 2009) ... "when you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Be prepared, expect the unexpected.

Care to explain how you would prepare for a situation like this? The man showed no emotion during the meeting. He knew that they had him dead to rights (pun not intended) and agreed to resign rather than be terminated. (On a side note, I asked at work what difference that would make and I guess you aren't eligible for unemployment benefits if you are fired) It is only after the hearing and the meeting is breaking up that he goes in to his lunchbox and the rest is history. Other than searching him and his possessions prior to allowing him in to the room, just how would you prepare for something like this?

Klein, I am also not a gun person, but you are naive if you think banning guns would end gun violence.

P

pickup

(On a side note, I asked at work what difference that would make and I guess you aren't eligible for unemployment benefits if you are fired)

Nah, I don't think that is the way it works. If u resign without a good reason(i.e unsafe work conditions , etc), u are entitled to bupkus.

If u are fired for misconduct, and in his case ,for stealing beer, then it is very hard to collect unemployment benefits (theoretically possible but in this case really unlikely) .

The benefit to the company of having a resignation letter is that it really insulates them from later legal actions such as a wrongful dismissal case.

The benefit to the employee of signing the resignation letter is that in the future, when potential employers call to check on past employers is that the reason why he left will be because he resigned , not that he was fired.

The other incentive to the employee not to take the firing for theft is that the company could notify law enforcement and have the guy arrested and charged, if it leads to a conviction, that will effectively nullify any potential future wrongful dismissal cases.

Gee, I wonder how some of you guns activists can go on vacation.
Go on a cruise, sleep in a room with no gun....
Travel to any another foreign country, and again, you need to sleep without a gun.

Must be perionoid ?

Home safe home, right ?

I`ll PM you my home address. Come by some night and find out.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Other than searching him and his possessions prior to allowing him in to the room, just how would you prepare for something like this?

Klein, I am also not a gun person, but you are naive if you think banning guns would end gun violence.

You could start by not implementing "unarmed victim" policies that deny people the right to defend themselves in the workplace.

In this case, "banning guns" not only failed to prevent the violence, but it made the body count higher because the murderer (who never intended to obey the rule in the first place) was given a complete monopoly on the use of deadly force.

When the criminal is the only one with a gun... its a massacre. When his would-be victims are also armed...its a fair fight.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

You can pretty much well defend yourself, or run away from a knife.
He might kill one or 2.... but , gives the rest a chance to either run or tackle him.
I'll take my chances with the machete

Speaking of that, lately I have been thinking on how North America woulld be, if the USA was north, Canada in the middle, and Mexico where it is.
Well, there wouldn't be guns for drugs trade.
Mexico has a tough gun law, too.
Besides, Canada's smaller popualtion and less drug use would only add up to 2% of the american drug import, making it totally unattractive to trade , anyways.
So, most drugs would stay in South America, and all guns would stay way up north.
Now, wouldn't that just be nicer ?
I'd like to see you fend off a machete.
If Canada was in the middle, you would now be called the U.S.A.
I read daily about how Mexico's "tough gun law" has really stopped people from killing one another. Maybe you need to read a paper or watch a different news channel.

If Canada was in the middle....all Canadians would speak Spanish.......Gringo!
LOL

You really need to learn better history.
Um, where did you get all of this "stuff" from? STUPIPEDIA?

you weren't even there to begin with.
I finally agree with Klein.

We are totally off topic here.
But,
And this is gonna stop you?

I remember when we played dodgeball in elementary and junior high school that the guys that lingered in the back tended not to have much interaction with the potentially deadly ball as the guys that were in the front actually playing the game.
I remember those guys as well.

Care to explain how you would prepare for a situation like this?
That's expecting the unexpected. You never know what people are thinking, whether they're smiling and appear happy, look down in the dumps or look like this guy did. I got shot by a kid that looked no older than 14. I thought he was pulling out a knife, which turned out to be a gun. He was able to shoot me once, but I didn't stick around for #2. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW! Always be on the ready.

Will there be beer in the fridge?
And yet another slam from someone that says we need to chill on the KLEINSCHTOMPING.

klein

You do know, that 90-95% of the guns in Mexico came from the US (guns for drug trade, or just bought them).
Same in Canada... that's how they end up here, from the good old USA.

Some of you think you now need to add more guns (in the workplace), to fight off the growing gun violence.
Odd how that works with guns in America :

You get too much snow, you shovel it away.
Too much rain, you pump and mop it up.
Too many kittens, you give them away.
Too many kids, you stop making them.

But, too much gun violence, you add more guns.
Odd, odd, indeed.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Can't you give the kids away with the kittens ??

P

pickup

You do know, that 90-95% of the guns in Mexico came from the US (guns for drug trade, or just bought them).
Same in Canada... that's how they end up here, from the good old USA.

Some of you think you now need to add more guns (in the workplace), to fight off the growing gun violence.
Odd how that works with guns in America :

You get too much snow, you shovel it away.
Too much rain, you pump and mop it up.

But, too much gun violence, you add more guns.
Odd, odd, indeed.

it is like being depressed the next morning after drinking all night : solution drink some more.

bbsam

Staff member

You could start by not implementing "unarmed victim" policies that deny people the right to defend themselves in the workplace.

In this case, "banning guns" not only failed to prevent the violence, but it made the body count higher because the murderer (who never intended to obey the rule in the first place) was given a complete monopoly on the use of deadly force.

When the criminal is the only one with a gun... its a massacre. When his would-be victims are also armed...its a fair fight.

That's ridiculous. When a swat team storms a drug house with weapons drawn, it's not a fair fight. It's not intended to be. That the part about the element of surprise. I'd be willing to bet that the firt 6 shots were fired before the people even realized what was going on. Fact is, people freeze in that situation.

klein

And? What about Mexico and your magnificent gun laws? Not very effective, huh?

Nope, not with corrupt police, and city officials, like the history in the US.
Dirty Chicago in the 30's
New York Mafia (garbage collection)
New Orleans in the 80's

Hopefully, this new president in Mexico can keep his promise and clean it mostly up.
His life is very much at stake. Seen him interviewed here (while he was visiting Canada).

Anyways, thats a different story, and he did ask Obama to stop the flow of guns into Mexico, and even ban full or semi automatic weapons in the states.
But, they will get it under control sooner or later.