A Simpler Time

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
After seeing what you veterans had to deal with the Diad V is a Godsend.
I was at UPS long enough to enjoy from paper to DIAD 5 in my time there. With each advancement came good and bad. I can’t imagine what the drivers are going to face in the future.

oldngray

nowhere special
Did they train you on how to reset the first diad...

You dropped it 5 feet on concrete, worked every time...
At first they tried to claim how tough the DIAD 1's were and you could safely drop them several feet. After they started crashing constantly they tried to claim it was the driver's fault for breathing on them too hard instead of admitting they were just pieces of crap.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
At first they tried to claim how tough the DIAD 1's were and you could safely drop them several feet. After they started crashing constantly they tried to claim it was the driver's fault for breathing on them too hard instead of admitting they were just pieces of crap.
Remember with the DIAD 1 you always had to have paper with you for when, not if, it crapped out.

oldngray

nowhere special
Remember with the DIAD 1 you always had to have paper with you for when, not if, it crapped out.
After your board crashed they would give you a different one the next day. The problem was they were just rotating the bad boards between drivers so the unlucky drivers could count on them crashing at least a couple of times a week.

Shiftless

Come to think of it????? Really the only electrical object that wasn't used to operate the package and get it down the road when I was a driver was the toggle switch to get the load light on.

How in the heck did we ever survive those times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
The Golden Years

oldngray

nowhere special
Come to think of it????? Really the only electrical object that wasn't used to operate the package and get it down the road when I was a driver was the toggle switch to get the load light on.

How in the heck did we ever survive those times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
The Golden Years
Dome lights so dim they wouldn't even cast a shadow

oldngray

nowhere special
They will give you an empty box and a label to go to somebody's house and pick up a fur coat put it back in a box and send it back to the furrier
Fur calls were still around when I started but luckily I never had to mess with one. The people in my delivery areas weren't the types to own fur coats.