A Simpler Time

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I don't know when the diads started, but I never used them. I was always on paper till I went into feeders. Somewhere in my garage, I've got my old clipboard (about 1/2 the original size from wear) and a bankers clip. Which has a chunk out of it from trying to bypass the bad starter in my PC. Automotive suggested this since I was about an hour away from the building. When it arc'd out and scared the bleep out of me, I told them it looked like a road call after all.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Zip Code hope this helps
Say what? Has zero to do with any zipcode. Has everything to do with time studies within zip codes. We had zips with many, many different area codes. Main Street might be area 801 but side streets off Main might be area 825. Split drivers might have 3 timecards stapled together because of all the area codes.

oldngray

nowhere special
Say what? Has zero to do with any zipcode. Has everything to do with time studies within zip codes. We had zips with many, many different area codes. Main Street might be area 801 but side streets off Main might be area 825. Split drivers might have 3 timecards stapled together because of all the area codes.
There might be several routes in the same zip code with maybe a dozen different area numbers. My loop had 4 routes in the same zip code and there were parts of the same zip code in a couple of other loops too.

Shiftless

I don't know when the diads started, but I never used them. I was always on paper till I went into feeders. Somewhere in my garage, I've got my old clipboard (about 1/2 the original size from wear) and a bankers clip. Which has a chunk out of it from trying to bypass the bad starter in my PC. Automotive suggested this since I was about an hour away from the building. When it arc'd out and scared the bleep out of me, I told them it looked like a road call after all.
When I posted earlier I couldn't remember what the name of the "Bankers Clip" was! Probably forget it soon again anyway.

I have one in my hand right now actually!

All I could remember was the bull dog clip that I had I would clip to the bulkhead on the old Cabco's overhead shelf or on my really modern 1970 pkg car off the middle window support brace so I could hang all my call tags and one time pick up slips.

Ah the Golden Years! How did we survive?

I will tell ya! There was always a bar within walking distance!

oldupsman

When I posted earlier I couldn't remember what the name of the "Bankers Clip" was! Probably forget it soon again anyway.

I have one in my hand right now actually!

All I could remember was the bull dog clip that I had I would clip to the bulkhead on the old Cabco's overhead shelf or on my really modern 1970 pkg car off the middle window support brace so I could hang all my call tags and one time pick up slips.

Ah the Golden Years! How did we survive?

I will tell ya! There was always a bar within walking distance!
We had a bar about 200 yards from my first building. Thursday nights were hell,
Friday mornings were worse.