A Simpler Time

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I still got a few from when I started in 1975. They didn't add the last number in the year for some reason, I just know how old they are by the pay rate. They used to put your Social Security number on your ID too.
Not as senior as you but I remember the ID we used to log into our scanners was the first 5 of your last name, last 4 of social, then first initial. So John Smith would be SMITH1234J. Every day they would have the numbers for the previous day, misloads, pieces per hour, mistoggles etc printed and hanging for everyone to see. Took them a few years to realize that maybe having the last 4 of your social on blast like that might be a security risk and changed it to the last 4 of your employee ID number.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Me- I got paid by the hour.
vpfVeUp25qUD.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
What the hell is a fur call
Rich old bags would have their mink coats picked up by UPS in the spring to be stored at some professional furrier for the summer. They would be delivered back in the fall. I had 3 fur call stops on my route. Two
Of the ladies were bitches but one was real nice. She lived in a fancy apartment above a DQ she owned among many things. She had one of those chair lift things to get up and down the steps. I used it for heavy stuff. She always tipped me with a few coupons for free cones.