A supervisor stands up to the IE manager...and pays the price

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am with Tie on this one. If you read SoberUPS posts they attack management for EVERYTHING period.

I do not "attack management for everything".

95% of UPS management are decent, hard working men and women who do an excellent job.

Unfortunately, their jobs...as well as those of hourlies... are being made much harder by the other 5% who are responsible for the impossible expectations and asinine decision making that screws things up for every body.

Some times, the truth hurts.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Speaking only for myself I can say that I usually look forward to hearing both sides from spirited contributors like Sober and Tie just for the counterpoint factor. I find it valuable to see both views, especially since the few hours I have at home can be streamlined when contrary views get right down to it. I'm sure there will be times when someone crosses a line in the future and that's why the mods do the best they can in the time they have to do it. Now back to your corners. Let's have a clean fight! Dingggg...

tieguy

Banned
I do not "attack management for everything".

95% of UPS management are decent, hard working men and women who do an excellent job.

Unfortunately, their jobs...as well as those of hourlies... are being made much harder by the other 5% who are responsible for the impossible expectations and asinine decision making that screws things up for every body.

Some times, the truth hurts.

Sober everything you post here is an attack on management or the things management does.

that was not my objection. my objection came when I responded to your posts in the same style and had my material deleted. Enjoy your site.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yes and no.

The biodiesel I buy is about $.40 per gallon more expensive than petroleum diesel; but it also gets me a $.50 per gallon tax credit from the State of Oregon, up to a max of $200 per year. So after tax its about a dime per gallon cheaper, but it gets about 5 MPG less than petroleum due to its lower BTU content. Bottom line is, it costs me somewhat more to use biodiesel, but I do it anyway because I want to support a local sustainable business and the overall difference in cost is not significant.
I'm disappointed Sober, you didn't attack management. :surprised::wink2:

satellitedriver

Sat ,

every single post that sober ups makes here is a loud blatant attack on management. Every single one. I let a lot of it go. I post some humor in resposne to his humor and my material gets quickly deleted.

what else am I supposed to think?
Maybe it was your style of humor?
I only know that I have never deleted any of your posts.
Blatant attacks on management are not direct attacks on you.
Hell, babe. I got beefs with management and the teamsters.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sober everything you post here is an attack on management or the things management does.

that was not my objection. my objection came when I responded to your posts in the same style and had my material deleted. Enjoy your site.

Its not my site.

I had nothing to do with your material getting deleted.

My material was rated PG and was intended to be humorous and satirical. Your material showed two men having sex and was intended to be offensive, shocking and hateful.

raceanoncr

Tie's posts/threads were deleted because several homophobes objected to it's content.

Um...I didn't get to see Tie's posts/threads, um, before they were deleted. So, uh, is there a way I could access them, uh, just so that, um, I could, um, beware of such, uh, conduct in the, uh, future? :peaceful:

I never knew a couple of people so insecure in their sexuality that they could be "swayed" by a picture or video could cause such an uproar. I think these folks should be named,for their own safety,so that I or any other UPSer don`t accidentally bend over in our tight masculine uniforms and send them over the edge into a life of homosexual debauchery and sin.

Or they could just get a life.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Fixed it for you, Hoke.

I hear Cheryl is offering her "objective moderating" class again--it appears as though you may have missed it last time--may I suggest you attend this time. Dave.

Perhaps your watching that video got you all fogged up or your computer screen anyway.

You are usually sharper than this. Sounding a bit like 705red now ... he thinks anytime I'm on BC I am Moderating.

I did not do any moderating related to the hot boys video or sobers or ties posts. I was simply harassing people ... a favorite past time of mine!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Perhaps your watching that video got you all fogged up or your computer screen anyway.

You are usually sharper than this. Sounding a bit like 705red now ... he thinks anytime I'm on BC I am Moderating.

I did not do any moderating related to the hot boys video or sobers or ties posts. I was simply harassing people ... a favorite past time of mine![/QUOTE]

Back off,
Bearded one.
That's my job.
You guys harrass people?!?!?!?!?!?! Whoda thunk it!:wink2:

brownIEman

Flipping chanels last night and came upon Star Wars during this scene. Made me think of this thread and chuckle.

Sober, it really is a good analogy, I can recall many, many conference calls in which some poor supervisor got the Darth Vader treatment from an IE manager.

But just for fun, lets take the analogy a bit further. The supervisor, you see, is not powerless. He too can tap into the Force, and defend himself from Vader, if his Jedi's will back him. The Force, in this case, is of course the power that binds all things, controls all things. The numbers. If a sup stands up the the IE manager and tells him his Dark side numbers of 45 routes with a given volume is insane and cruel to the drivers, he is headed for trouble. However, let us say he goes against the evil lord and dispatches 47 routes to lighten everyones day a bit and help his drivers out. Vader is out for blood at this point. But wait, what if his Jedi (drivers) bring in the work in much less time than the prior day with 45 routes. Say the day we ran Darth's plan we had an average paid day of 10.5 hours. With the sups day, say on the same volume, we get an average paid day of 8.75 hours. When you add it all up, the sup can show that his plan produced a less expensive per piece operating day. At which point Granmall Tarkin (the Operations Manager) will politely but clearly tell Darth the IE manager to STFU.

Sadly, I have yet to see it. Had a friend move out of IE to a dispatch position in a center. He put on extra routes in opposition to the IE plan to ease up the work load. The drivers with the lighter loads in their cars had the normal human reaction "ah nice, car is not jammed up, not gonna be a bad day, I can relax abit". The paid day did not go down one bit. I was on the call the next day. I can assure you, Darth had a field day on my friends skull. I can also assure you he never tried that again.

just another perspective...

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Flipping chanels last night and came upon Star Wars during this scene. Made me think of this thread and chuckle.

Sober, it really is a good analogy, I can recall many, many conference calls in which some poor supervisor got the Darth Vader treatment from an IE manager.

But just for fun, lets take the analogy a bit further. The supervisor, you see, is not powerless. He too can tap into the Force, and defend himself from Vader, if his Jedi's will back him. The Force, in this case, is of course the power that binds all things, controls all things. The numbers. If a sup stands up the the IE manager and tells him his Dark side numbers of 45 routes with a given volume is insane and cruel to the drivers, he is headed for trouble. However, let us say he goes against the evil lord and dispatches 47 routes to lighten everyones day a bit and help his drivers out. Vader is out for blood at this point. But wait, what if his Jedi (drivers) bring in the work in much less time than the prior day with 45 routes. Say the day we ran Darth's plan we had an average paid day of 10.5 hours. With the sups day, say on the same volume, we get an average paid day of 8.75 hours. When you add it all up, the sup can show that his plan produced a less expensive per piece operating day. At which point Granmall Tarkin (the Operations Manager) will politely but clearly tell Darth the IE manager to STFU.

Sadly, I have yet to see it. Had a friend move out of IE to a dispatch position in a center. He put on extra routes in opposition to the IE plan to ease up the work load. The drivers with the lighter loads in their cars had the normal human reaction "ah nice, car is not jammed up, not gonna be a bad day, I can relax abit". The paid day did not go down one bit. I was on the call the next day. I can assure you, Darth had a field day on my friends skull. I can also assure you he never tried that again.

How long were you a delivery driver for?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

So with lighter loads in some cars, and you make the assumption every driver with lighter loads in the center went "ahhh nice, car is not jammed up, ill work slower?"

Having never driven before?

You know what they say about assuming..