A Unique Transfer Situation (help me) *on topic

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I didn't use the system for anything other than what its in place for. Had I known the benefits sucked in CT, I would've never left NJ. I had no idea that different locals have completely different insurance carriers. I got injured at my nephew's birthday party, which was a blessing in disguise. If not for the injury, I would've continued to work not knowing about my insurance change. The other reason for my request to go home is the college I was attending in CT wasn't offering the course I needed for my major until my second year. They basically had me doing refresher work. The school in NJ is allowing me to take that course now. By no means have I tried to "buck" the system. I've reached out to IBT in D.C. and I've been trying to contact corporate. They have a set of generic guidelines in place that they use blanket all. Why does this company make everything so damn hard for all of us?

You received plenty of excellent advice; you're rejecting it because it isn't what you want to hear.

Basically, with few exceptions, UPS & the IBT have agreed to prohibit transfers outside one's building and/or local. HOWEVER, UPS is willing to make exceptions for educational transfers at its discretion. This is NOT a guaranteed benefit -- they are heavily scrutinized and come with tight restrictions. If they weren't, you'd have tons of high seniority (re: more expensive) PT employees moving from the Northeast and Midwest to Florida, Arizona, etc. through bogus education transfers.

While your intentions may have been good, I agree that UPS most likely believes that you gamed the system. You were granted a transfer, then changed your mind after completing the transfer. Your justification -- the increased cost of living in CT and your preference to take certain classes now, without impacting your major or graduation date -- is inadequate.

When you made the transfer, you accepted the risks. You don't have a legitimate reason to undo the transfer -- again, it's NOT a guaranteed benefit -- and UPS wants to maintain the integrity of the educational transfer provisions. Good for them.

The good news is that if you return to work in CT, UPS will likely relent. But it'll take time.

WTFm8

Just report to your old building and walk in like nothing happened and try clocking in.

If you can clock in, report to your supervisor and ask where to go work LOL.

Let then figure it out after that.