A way to defeat telematics?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Next contract lose the one hour lunch. We have 1/2 hour here. 20 minutes would be perfect.

I have one quick point I want to make. It has to do with idle time and UPS forcing us to take an hour lunch when its 5 degrees for a high. How can they expect us to sit and each lunch for one full hour when its 5 at high noon.

I have a fair solution. Let me not take a lunch or 10 minutes to eat something and I will not idle your truck. Its only fair. Stop prying an hour of my life from me and I won't idle your truck.

Sound fair. Please weigh in.

You 2 are fools !!!!

Doesn't it occur to you both, that you will get 30 minutes of work if they cut your contract lunch in half. There is no way possible that UPS will let you leave earlier if you only get a half hour lunch. I read these two statements and shook my head.

This would be an opportunity for management to cut more routes. You don't think they would do it ??????? Take your contract lunch fully and be glad you don't have an extra 20 stops a day. :surprised:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You 2 are fools !!!!

Doesn't it occur to you both, that you will get 30 minutes of work if they cut your contract lunch in half. There is no way possible that UPS will let you leave earlier if you only get a half hour lunch. I read these two statements and shook my head.

This would be an opportunity for management to cut more routes. You don't think they would do it ??????? Take your contract lunch fully and be glad you don't have an extra 20 stops a day. :surprised:

Sit in a package car for an hour. Zero dollars. Sit in a package car for 1/2 hour. An extra 22 dollars. When I'm at work, I'm there to earn money.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It is quite simple! enter pkg car,stop complete,seat belt ,start go. We have 9 seconds to do so(as per mgmt). Do not stop complete till you get back to pkg car. system will count that as time wasted. The truck has a timer built in the ignition. After you stop complete as you reach for seat belt turn key to turn on dash lights. It will beep 3 times. Start by the time the speedometer needle gets to the final beep.(9 seconds) Good Luck! Do it the best that you can you can do. Don't take short cuts.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
They cannot force you to take a one hour lunch unless it is for service-related issues (such as late pickups that wont be ready when you arrive due to taking a 1/2 hr lunch.) If you have a mostly residential route, or are able to stay on trace and start your pickups at the scheduled time on a 1/2 hr lunch, then the choice is up to you. We filed a grievance some time ago on this issue and won.

As far as being forbidden from idling the truck to stay warm, you should file a grievance on that one. If they dont want you to idle then they are going to have to allow you to break trace on the clock if necessary in order to find someplace warm to sit, or else provide some other method for providing heat.

The grievance process is there to resolve issues such as these. I suggest you use it.
sober,,, you are saying you dont have to code out a full hr of lunch?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
sober,,, you are saying you dont have to code out a full hr of lunch?

No, we are free to take a 1/2 hr lunch if we so choose. As long as we are fully paid for all hours worked, it should be up to the driver to decide.

We used to have to get "permission" to take a 1/2 hr lunch, but we filed a grievance and won. Management was abusing it by giving us more work than we could possibly do and then refusing to "sign off" on a 1/2 hr lunch knowing full well that many drivers would just do the work off of the clock.

Re-Raise

No, we are free to take a 1/2 hr lunch if we so choose. As long as we are fully paid for all hours worked, it should be up to the driver to decide.

We used to have to get "permission" to take a 1/2 hr lunch, but we filed a grievance and won. Management was abusing it by giving us more work than we could possibly do and then refusing to "sign off" on a 1/2 hr lunch knowing full well that many drivers would just do the work off of the clock.

Same here. We don't even have to take a 1/2 hour. We just have to record a lunch, it is up to us how long we take. I asked at a PCM what is the minimum and our center manager said try to take at least 15 minutes.

I stop at my house for lunch on my area , grab the mail , a sandwich and check the stock market on TV. I just put in the time I take.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We were able to take a short lunch for a while. Now everyone must take their 10/45. Although some are able to take it at the end of the day. While others must take it between 3rd& 5th hr(me). K-A at its-'s best.

CRASH501

The only way to "ghost" off telematics is simple. First, dont download EDD for the day, second, dont scan the vehicle barcode.

Without the EDD , the system cannot follow you or record trace of any kind.

You will have to do the job OLD SCHOOL, and hopefully you are skilled enough to do this, if not dont try it.

If you are a senior driver, you can do this successfully each and everyday.

This works and has been demonstrated to the company.. EDD is not required to be downloaded at this point, but somewhere in the future it will be.

I wouldnt try it if you are not familiar with pure 3/40 methodology.

:surprised:
EDD IS 100% REQUIRED IN MY CENTER, if not donloaded every single package is a delivey scan error