A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

overflowed

They might not touch the minuscule raises, but there are benefits they could go after. Newhires won't know any better, and if senior couriers quit they get replaced with cheaper employees. It's a win-win for the company. In a competitive environment they have to keep prices as low as possible
Till you get too cheap and then you can't retain your workforce or hire new employees.

overflowed

Not to mention your workforce gets so sick of your shiiite they start voting in the big bad wolf union too. Sounds impossible all these things.

MassWineGuy

This vote is completely wonderful news. I hope it encourages other locations to do the same.

I was digging a post hole in my yard the other day and I'm pretty sure that I found Jimmy Hoffa.

bbsam

Staff member
Lame. Tell that to Pittsburgh.
I'm telling it to you. When Express begins to follow Freight in unionizing REGARDLESS THE HURDLE IMPOSED BY THE RLA, you will have proved that Freight organizing has had an effect on couriers. The fact is that most will be unwilling to jeopardize their positions when they realize the difference between RLA and NLRA.

CJinx

Station staff; the Brockton MA package handlers tried that and even had an election date, but the union pulled out at the 11th hour.