A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Ground and express are going to wind up freaking themselves. Seems only pilots and freight will be unionized in the end. Sad but got to get it done some how some way. Bad part bout it is everybody wants to be that guy standing in the back waiting for direction, but who and where are the leaders to lead?

overflowed

Ground and express are going to wind up freaking themselves. Seems only pilots and freight will be unionized in the end. Sad but got to get it done some how some way. Bad part bout it is everybody wants to be that guy standing in the back waiting for direction, but who and where are the leaders to lead?
People in the same company that do somewhat the same job will want the same pay, benefits, and pension. Whatever, is higher. I won't be around to see it, but I tell you now they will want better if they see someone else getting it and might start doing something about it. Philly in my opinion will be the writing on the wall.

bbsam

Staff member
It is very, very easy for you or I to talk about 'how easy' it would be to organize a ground terminal, but the fact of the matter is PT people typically do not care. For most, it is a 2nd job and if it does not work out, there are lots of other PT jobs available.

PT pay at UPS would be significantly different if PTers voted.
Those are exactly the reasons I think Ground terminals would be easier to organize.

oldngray

nowhere special
comp_fedex43__01__970-630x420.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
It could change a lot, RLA doesn't stop a union but voting for one it much harder with RLA vs not... Freight can organize one terminal at a time, express would have to have one nationwide vote at one time.
Yes. And Freight organizing changes nothing at Express.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think you've been in a foul mood because you finally realize that when it comes time for these things to pay up, they will look to ground.
I've noticed that too.

Scammy's grumpy these days because Ground isn't the field of clover that Fred had him believing. Welcome to Expressville.