A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

bbsam

Staff member
Nice, you changed your post mod. You are right about what Scammy?
You were kind enough to point out the mispelling so...

I'm right that Express couriers will see no difference once Freight organizes. The RLA will still be prohibitive and each courier will still have their own self interest in the balance. A national campaign will still seem just as impossible as it did six months ago.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well, time will tell.

However we were talking about Ground. If enough FedEx Freight terminals organize, look for the screws to be tightened all over. That includes you guys too.

barnyard

KTM rider
Have to subscribe to read the story, but the jist of it is very good news. Be interesting to watch the contract negotiations unfold.

It will be fine

Anyone know what happened in Philly? I saw a blurb that the teamsters pulled out of one station before the vote, but couldn't find a full story.

chrisgumm

Express RTDs have begun underground efforts to organize. Large groups in NJ, NY and PA are moving a petition. A similar group on the west coast is doing the same. Express aircraft mechanics are continuing their efforts as well.

We have the same crap health plan that Freight has. This is a big driver for both the RTDs and AMTs.

MAKAVELI

Express RTDs have begun underground efforts to organize. Large groups in NJ, NY and PA are moving a petition. A similar group on the west coast is doing the same. Express aircraft mechanics are continuing their efforts as well.

We have the same crap health plan that Freight has. This is a big driver for both the RTDs and AMTs.
Freight going union would definitely be a spark for the entire Express division to organize.

fedex_rtd

It's wishful thinking that the RTD's could go union without the rest of the company doing so, but it just won't happen. When FedEx Express set up the RTD job description they were careful to keep us in the same job classification as the rest of the DGO drivers. Fedex knows what it is doing when it comes to working within the RLA/NLRB rules.

I support Fedex Freights drivers efforts to become members on the Teamsters, I really hope they can make this happen for themselves. I do think that if they are successful nation wide, by doing a station by station vote, that employees at Express may actually open their eyes and see that Union employees make more, and have a higher take home income than a non-union operation.

Ron Carey lives on

Tip of the hat to the brave Fed-Ex Frieght drivers joining the Teamsters and to the IBT and locals working hard to get it done. Build off this momentum, this could be a game changer for Ups Teamsters

Sent using BrownCafe App

fedex_rtd

I think they have opened their eyes. 1 of my best friends is a express driver. They are willing, we need legislation to make it happen

Sent using BrownCafe App
We had legislation to make this happen back in 2008-2010, but the company "Fedex" spent millions on the brown bailout disinformation campaign, and the FAA authorization bill was approved by piecemeal and we lost that opportunity

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's wishful thinking that the RTD's could go union without the rest of the company doing so, but it just won't happen. When FedEx Express set up the RTD job description they were careful to keep us in the same job classification as the rest of the DGO drivers. Fedex knows what it is doing when it comes to working within the RLA/NLRB rules.

I support Fedex Freights drivers efforts to become members on the Teamsters, I really hope they can make this happen for themselves. I do think that if they are successful nation wide, by doing a station by station vote, that employees at Express may actually open their eyes and see that Union employees make more, and have a higher take home income than a non-union operation.

Nobody is saying RTDs can have their own union. Having control over 5 positions of P1 gives you more power to exert should your smaller workgroup decide to act-up. Think about the ramifications of an RTD slowdown or sickout on operations.