A win for FedEx Freight drivers!

Artee

Slowdown? our RTDs have been on-time ~10% of the time since last peak.
Most are leaving for greener pastures, better pay lower stress

Where are you going to find lower stress than an RTD job? The hours can be whacked for some if they are working graveyards and weekends, Other than that its one of the easiest, laid back jobs at FedEx. As far as leaving for greener pastures in truck driving, where would that be? Where else are you going to go find a job that pays you close to $30 an hour, M-friend, 6 weeks vacation, and you sleep half your shift? Most local truck driving jobs around here start at $15-17 hr. Big pay cut and OTR just flat out sucks for most people

fedex_rtd

Where are you going to find lower stress than an RTD job? The hours can be whacked for some if they are working graveyards and weekends, Other than that its one of the easiest, laid back jobs at FedEx. As far as leaving for greener pastures in truck driving, where would that be? Where else are you going to go find a job that pays you close to $30 an hour, M-friend, 6 weeks vacation, and you sleep half your shift? Most local truck driving jobs around here start at $15-17 hr. Big pay cut and OTR just flat out sucks for most people
IF your topped out your close to that $30 otherwise your just scraping along like most FedEx employees. I have been with the company for over 15 years, and I'm a good $5 short of that figure, along with having had my pension stolen/froze by the company in 2008. I would vote the Teamsters in, in a New Your minuet just to spite them!!!

MAKAVELI

UPS

Artee

IF your topped out your close to that $30 otherwise your just scraping along like most FedEx employees. I have been with the company for over 15 years, and I'm a good $5 short of that figure, along with having had my pension stolen/froze by the company in 2008. I would vote the Teamsters in, in a New Your minuet just to spite them!!!

I am a 22 year employee and still at the bottom 1/3 of seniority at my location. That means there are a lot of topped out people at my location. That means most of us are not going anywhere. Now the people that are not topped out could leave and go work 16 hours a day in the oil fields.

MAKAVELI

You know I never thought of that. I am sure my local UPS facility is hiring feeder drivers off the street like crazy. Not. UPS freight is hiring drivers, but again I have no desire to be gone 4-5 days at a time per their job description.
They have been hiring off the street this year. And as more retire there will be more opportunities. My point is, there are better options out there. You just have to be willing to put time and effort into it. If you choose to be complacent, well FedEx is the place for you.

Artee

They have been hiring off the street this year. And as more retire there will be more opportunities. My point is, there are better options out there. You just have to be willing to put time and effort into it. If you choose to be complacent, well FedEx is the place for you.

Gotch....So its lower stress being a UPS feeder driver. And "most" the FedEx RT drivers are leaving for the "greener pastures" of UPS feeder. Besides UPS what other "greener pastures" are "most" FedEx RT drivers leaving for? So when is your last day at FedEx when you leave for these "greener pastures" you speak of or are you one of the complacent? I want to make sure I am around to sign your card wishing you the best of luck in your "greener pastures".

MAKAVELI

Gotch....So its lower stress being a UPS feeder driver. And "most" the FedEx RT drivers are leaving for the "greener pastures" of UPS feeder. Besides UPS what other "greener pastures" are "most" FedEx RT drivers leaving for? So when is your last day at FedEx when you leave for these "greener pastures" you speak of or are you one of the complacent? I want to make sure I am around to sign your card wishing you the best of luck in your "greener pastures".
Did I hit a nerve bro? The UPS feeder drivers probably make double what you make, don't pay for health insurance and a pension that's double yours for essentially the same job as yours. Is that enough to deal with the " extra stress "?And no I'm not one of the complacent, such as yourself. You can just send that card to Fred S. I'm sure he would love to hear from you how much you love this company and allow you to sleep half your shift. I sleep at home and rather make $.;)

Last edited:

Artee

Did I hit a nerve bro? The UPS feeder drivers probably make double what you make, don't pay for health insurance and a pension that's double yours for essentially the same job as yours. Is that enough to deal with the " extra stress "?And no I'm not one of the complacent, such as yourself. You can just send that card to Fred S. I'm sure he would love to hear from you how much you love this company and allow you to sleep half your shift. I sleep at home and rather make $.;)

You know you make no sense...Right? No nerve hit with me. Just laughing at your over hyped generalizations. So a UPS feeder driver is making $60 hr? Where do you get this stuff? Now you are saying the the UPS feeder drivers have extra stress? You started out by saying RT drivers were leaving for less stress jobs? So which is it? less stress, low stress, extra stress?? I cannot keep up with your ramblings. Please try and keep to the facts that you originally stated. If you could please provide us with a list of those "greener pasture" jobs, I would love to see them. Oh and remember they have to be lower stress than an RT job. In fact maybe you can remind me what stress I have as an RT driver. I sure cannot come up with one considering I do the job. Do you have any other BS you would like to spit out while you are compiling that list of "greener pastures, better pay lower stress" jobs?

MAKAVELI

You know you make no sense...Right? No nerve hit with me. Just laughing at your over hyped generalizations. So a UPS feeder driver is making $60 hr? Where do you get this stuff? Now you are saying the the UPS feeder drivers have extra stress? You started out by saying RT drivers were leaving for less stress jobs? So which is it? less stress, low stress, extra stress?? I cannot keep up with your ramblings. Please try and keep to the facts that you originally stated. If you could please provide us with a list of those "greener pasture" jobs, I would love to see them. Oh and remember they have to be lower stress than an RT job. In fact maybe you can remind me what stress I have as an RT driver. I sure cannot come up with one considering I do the job. Do you have any other BS you would like to spit out while you are compiling that list of "greener pastures, better pay lower stress" jobs?
Tell you what. Go take your nap and I'll go make some $. Fred loves people like you. Take away your pension, no problem. Cut your health benefits and raise premiums, no problem. Make it impossible to top out , no problem. Just don't mess with my nap time. ;) What a friend..... joke.

Artee

What a friend..... joke.

Yep....Could not agree more. Look what you turned this thread into. Still waiting on that list of yours on the low stress, big money jobs for RT drivers. Tell you what. Just PM me the list. I don't want you clogging up anymore of this thread with your drivel.

MAKAVELI

Yep....Could not agree more. Look what you turned this thread into. Still waiting on that list of yours on the low stress, big money jobs for RT drivers. Tell you what. Just PM me the list. I don't want you clogging up anymore of this thread with your drivel.
Sorry to wake you from your nap. I tell you what. When you're ready to wake up I'll give you that list. Until then enjoy the take aways every year.;)

MAKAVELI

Not for long. And I'm sure as hell not going to sugar coat things. I just find it hilarious that someone who has been with this company for more than two decades, has watched them take everything away that made this a good place to work for, be so content with being able to take a nap. And that my friends, is the attitude that has kept this company union free.