Abusing Disability during Peak

Goldilocks

We have a few but one employee does this every Peak. 2 weeks ago he was telling everyone that his foot hurt, well lo and behold he is out for another Peak. This has been going on for about 15 years.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We have a few but one employee does this every Peak. 2 weeks ago he was telling everyone that his foot hurt, well lo and behold he is out for another Peak. This has been going on for about 15 years.
One bad apple doesn't ruin the bushel.

I think this behavior, if anyone does this, is despicable.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That's pretty ridiculous, and as others have said, I agree that this is more of a management failure than anything else. This is an employee that needs to be called-out and gotten rid of. Overall, however, most employees are very honest, and FedEx doesn't have a very sympathetic attitude toward those injured on-the-job or who have serious illnesses.

Some would like us to think that this slacker is the norm...when they aren't. The norm is to get hurt, be treated with total disrespect, and regarded as trash that needs to be disposed-of as quickly as possible.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's pretty ridiculous, and as others have said, I agree that this is more of a management failure than anything else. This is an employee that needs to be called-out and gotten rid of.

Along with the employee that tries to organize a massive sick-out?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Along with the employee that tries to organize a massive sick-out?

As HH said, apples and oranges. My call for a sickout concerns working conditions and the anti-union environment at FedEx. I don't condone faked injuries or exploiting an employer. A massive sick-out is one of the only ways to "bargain" with an employer that has essentially made it impossible to negotiate with them.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
As HH said, apples and oranges. My call for a sickout concerns working conditions and the anti-union environment at FedEx. I don't condone faked injuries or exploiting an employer. A massive sick-out is one of the only ways to "bargain" with an employer that has essentially made it impossible to negotiate with them.

So when you don't show up due to a bogus sick call, it has no effect on everyone else if you can rationalize your intentions?

I'm sure the slacker that Goldilocks is referring to can justify his "illness," too.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So when you don't show up due to a bogus sick call, it has no effect on everyone else if you can rationalize your intentions?

I'm sure the slacker that Goldilocks is referring to can justify his "illness," too.

I have yet to meet a person that cannot rationalize their actions and behavior.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I guess you don't understand the difference between an apple and an orange.

RTURNSONLY

I guess you been drinking too much Egg Nog lately.

To me, a "massive sick-out" is one were the vast mayority of employees, if not everyone, calls out sick, not showing up for work, disrupting an operation. That being said, who will be affected? Who's operation? Perhaps management? Bingo! That's exactly the intention.

You can now go back to your Egg Nog. Cheers!

vantexan

We had a guy doing this every Peak for years when I was out West. He finally retired while out on 90 days! Funny thing was he was one of the most likable BSers you'd ever meet. Everyone knew it was bogus, but the guy was so damn funny with great war stories from the 70's only a few really resented him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had a guy doing this every Peak for years when I was out West. He finally retired while out on 90 days! Funny thing was he was one of the most likable BSers you'd ever meet. Everyone knew it was bogus, but the guy was so damn funny with great war stories from the 70's only a few really resented him.

Think of the way FedEx looks at us as employees. According to Fred, we're just a bunch of lazy, shiftless 47-percenters looking for an opportunity to take his money. You and I have both been around long enough to know that there aren't many people who game FedEx...most of us have a work ethic and work hard, even if our boss is green and lives on top of Mt. Crumpett.

And the ones who are fakers usually eventually get what's coming to them anyway. The 2 people I know who were career fakers both got caught by investigators performing activities that would be impossible with their "injuries".

overflowed

Most every station has a couple of these fools. I know every station I've been in has a couple. Way I look at it, steady easy work for peak. Thanks fakers.

vantexan

Think of the way FedEx looks at us as employees. According to Fred, we're just a bunch of lazy, shiftless 47-percenters looking for an opportunity to take his money. You and I have both been around long enough to know that there aren't many people who game FedEx...most of us have a work ethic and work hard, even if our boss is green and lives on top of Mt. Crumpett.

And the ones who are fakers usually eventually get what's coming to them anyway. The 2 people I know who were career fakers both got caught by investigators performing activities that would be impossible with their "injuries".

I think Mr.Smith knows how hard we work for him. And I bet in his mind he truly believes what he does for us is fair and just. My dad likes to tell me he never made $45k in his life(he's 73). What he refuses to see, and I've tried, is that the money he made in the late 70's and 80's as a commissioned salesman for Sears was the equivalent of about $120k today purchasing power wise. Wouldn't surprise me if Mr.Smith hears $50k and thinks that's way too much. That UPS is insane to pay what they do. Then again, the paltry 2% raises while jacking up medical costs might just be applied pressure to force people to quit. What do I know? Enjoy your Christmas Mr.Smith. Once again due to the job I'll be spending Christmas alone. Knowing you and your's have all you need is reward enough for all these years of sacrifice and hard work. Lord knows what truly matters is we help you and your "friends" get more.