Ac in pkg car

Future

Victory Ride
Yes, open bulk head doors with cargo is not UPS methods.

Maybe it should be.
Nope ... restating ... not a good idea .... did it a few times back in the day ... and :censored2: came flying up .... scared the hell out of me ...no accidents or damage ...but definitely a deterrent not 2 do that

over9five

Staff member
Back in the day ... as everyone else ...would drive w the bulkhead open ...thought everything was secured ....make a stop and a random pkg would come flying into the cab .... definitely not safe
Many moons ago, I was delivering in a P5 (bulkhead door open, of course). Slowing for a stop sign, doesn't this 6' tube thing slide into the cab from the top shelf. Lands directly on my foot that is on the brake pedal. Probably 300 pounds of pressure on that pedal, locked up all 4 wheels! Luckily, no one was behind me...

Future

Victory Ride
Many moons ago, I was delivering in a P5 (bulkhead door open, of course). Slowing for a stop sign, doesn't this 6' tube thing slide into the cab from the top shelf. Lands directly on my foot that is on the brake pedal. Probably 300 pounds of pressure on that pedal, locked up all 4 wheels! Luckily, no one was behind me...
Absolutely... I learned fast never 2 leave that door open .... glad nothing happened 2 u

oldngray

nowhere special
I knew a couple of people that had packages fly forward and break windows.

brostalss

After reading this thread I tried something and I suggest you all do the same as well.

On a hot day in your personal car turn on the AC and roll down all your windows and see just how well your AC is affective.

AC will most likely never be in any package car any time soon. Suck it up Buttercups.