Ac in pkg car

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I completely agree, but many drivers fear popping up on mgmt’s radar because it’s a certain way into their crosshairs. Plus, if they really have it out for you, they can use the occurrences as ammo to build a case towards your termination for safety violations and whatnot. And yeah, I’m familiar with all the procedural that follows that but it’s all just a load of grief. Most of us just wanna clock and walk.
Yes sir, thats all I ever wanted to do was my job and leave. And I was so afraid of the harrassment, the constant badgering, until I quit caring. Never been a fighter. But when it came to my safety..had to put on the big girl panties. Had they asked me why my doors were open, Had a valid reason...long before Lester Holt on NBC. Had they pushed it, so could I...I am just happy I dont have to deal with any of it anymore. Loved the job, hated the rest. Its a tough job not all can do. Total respect to those still doing it.

JustDeliverIt

We had a couple of drivers go to the hospital last week. That 107 number is way off
The short term cost of putting Dan's and vents in would help with production
On those bad days. Nobody looks a t the big picture.
I have a couple of heavy pick ups and last week I had to step out of the truck a few times. You can't take that heat spend 15 minutes loading up a truck in that kind of heat

107 is low, but it was just the number from the 23 states they looked. Nationally it's much higher.

My main concern would be if we could find enough people named Dan to put in each truck.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Can you imagine the fuss that would erupt as new a/c package cars hit the lineup? GenSnow would run for a fake arse medical excuse to need one.

rod

Retired 22 years
Can you imagine the fuss that would erupt as new a/c package cars hit the lineup? GenSnow would run for a fake arse medical excuse to need one.
No doubt about it. If they were released today Mn. would see their first one about 10 years from now---maybe never. If the rest of the country gets cool trucks Mn. needs trucks that stay warm in the winter. Its only fair

Scuba Steve

112 years without AC in PC's right? Why all of a sudden now its needed Integrity?
NV,AZ,NM,TX,FL all have had temps all over 100 for decades in the summer. Why is it all of a sudden needed now Integrity?
PC's are Tin Cans with wheels, How will AC be able to keep up?
PC's start and stop with doors opening an closing constantly, how will the PC stay cool Integrity?
May I suggest you go to Feeders or find another job in the AC. It was your choice to work at UPS, if you don't like not having AC, Micky D's has AC....

Integrity

Binge Poster
112 years without AC in PC's right? Why all of a sudden now its needed Integrity?
NV,AZ,NM,TX,FL all have had temps all over 100 for decades in the summer. Why is it all of a sudden needed now Integrity?
PC's are Tin Cans with wheels, How will AC be able to keep up?
PC's start and stop with doors opening an closing constantly, how will the PC stay cool Integrity?
May I suggest you go to Feeders or find another job in the AC. It was your choice to work at UPS, if you don't like not having AC, Micky D's has AC....
Your thinking is very sympathetic to corporate.

I am more sympathetic to the working man.

I will work where I choose and I will voice my concerns over unreasonable work conditions as I see fit.

Corporate greed is wrong.

Providing vehicles and facilities in the year 2019 with air conditioning is right and just.

I support anyone who is for this cause.