Ac in pkg car

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
112 years without AC in PC's right? Why all of a sudden now its needed Integrity?
NV,AZ,NM,TX,FL all have had temps all over 100 for decades in the summer. Why is it all of a sudden needed now Integrity?
PC's are Tin Cans with wheels, How will AC be able to keep up?
PC's start and stop with doors opening an closing constantly, how will the PC stay cool Integrity?
May I suggest you go to Feeders or find another job in the AC. It was your choice to work at UPS, if you don't like not having AC, Micky D's has AC....
The package car doesn’t have to get to 60 degrees. Why do so many people think it won’t work? Ever drive around with your windows down and AC on in your own car? It’s cooler than a 100 plus heat index. That’s all people are asking for is relief, not to be able to keep stuff frozen.

Scuba Steve

Your thinking is very sympathetic to corporate.

I am more sympathetic to the working man.

I will work where I choose and I will voice my concerns over unreasonable work conditions as I see fit.

Corporate greed is wrong.

Providing vehicles and facilities in the year 2019 with air conditioning is right and just.

I support anyone who is for this cause.

Tell me how that works for you....

Integrity

Binge Poster
The package car doesn’t have to get to 60 degrees. Why do so many people think it won’t work? Ever drive around with your windows down and AC on in your own car? It’s cooler than a 100 plus heat index. That’s all people are asking for is relief, not to be able to keep stuff frozen.
Well said!!

Scuba Steve

I have a 45' RV that is insulated. It takes 4 roof mounted AC units to cool it to 75 in the summer. That's with blinds on the windows and the doors shut. The chassis AC doesn't make a dent. Have to run the generator while driving in the summer to keep it cool while driving.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have a 45' RV that is insulated. It takes 4 roof mounted AC units to cool it to 75 in the summer. That's with blinds on the windows and the doors shut. The chassis AC doesn't make a dent. Have to run the generator while driving in the summer to keep it cool while driving.

Ok. Sounds good.

Scuba Steve

The FDX Ground drivers who make a 3rd of your wages don't have AC. They aren't bitching and whining. Stop and ask the roofers on your route if they have AC on the roof decks while your at it....

MyTripisCut

I’m all about a fan in the cab and some kinda fan ventilation type of thing in the cargo area.

MyTripisCut

The FDX Ground drivers who make a 3rd of your wages don't have AC. They aren't bitching and whining. Stop and ask the roofers on your route if they have AC on the roof decks while your at it....
Roofers don’t have to finish an unreasonable amount of work in one day, and they usually start around six am. They were four plus hours into their shift when I hit my area everyday last week. I’m also not in the roofers Union and could give two craps about them.

Integrity

Binge Poster
No thank you.

But I will support them in any cause they may have to minimize the potential for “heat related” issues specific to their job and situation.

OSHA is making some changes.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Air conditioner in my pkg car worked great!
Two open doors and as fast as I can drive.
Everytime you made a turn*
The front doesnt bother me it's the cargo area that has me near heat exhaustion on hot days.
You could literally cook breakfast on the shelves some days and where are the exit holes for the cargo vent? Current cargo vent is a joke.