Ac in pkg car

rocket man

Air conditioning wouldn't work and most package cars you turn on the package car 125 times a day. It's bound to break. I'm lucky I use the same package car every day and I'd rather be using it then seeing it in the shop getting the AC fixed

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
My ac works great on my boxvan... and I choose a more rural route over the summer to have more windshield time!

management splits my bid route in half to train 2 drivers. Back to my bid route in the fall

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Hey I've got a crazy idea....what if, since our safety is UPS's #1 priority and all; what if UPS gave us AC, then encouraged us to keep the doors shut in the pkg car as much as we can to keep the cold air in?
Safety is our #1 priority, right?
Then they should put out enough routes to where we can afford to keep the door shut and take a little bit more time out there.
Crazy idea, I know!!!

KoennenTiger

Depends on the route.

We have country routes that run 50-60 stops, but 200+ miles.

It sounds good.... until it snows.

We got two routes that do 20 stops. Out of two furniture vans. Before they do 20 more pickups and fill up 2 - 3 more furniture vans. They get maybe 35 miles. I did both of them for months each when their owners went feeder. Total and utter hell doing them in the summer. You are in the back of those furniture vans most of the time.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Air conditioning wouldn't work and most package cars you turn on the package car 125 times a day. It's bound to break. I'm lucky I use the same package car every day and I'd rather be using it then seeing it in the shop getting the AC fixed
I disagree AC would work just fine.