Accepting a signed delivery notice for a signature required package.....

S

serenity now

do you ever do this? and if you do, what do you write on the diad signature pad?

as for me, if it's sig. req. they must sign the diad in my presence, nothing else

barnyard

KTM rider
I have not done it. Pretty sure there have been posters here looking for advice after being fired for doing same. They got their jobs back, but the message is pretty loud and pretty clear.

Cementups

Box Monkey
signature required means in my presence. This is why I write "VOID" on the signature section on the back of the delivery notice. Every time.

UPSER110

So you are saying if the consignee signs the del. notice you wont leave the package and hit SDN? Maybe I am missing something but that is done in my center all the time. You take the signed del. notice with you and turn it in with your log.

iruhnman630

So you are saying if the consignee signs the del. notice you wont leave the package and hit SDN? Maybe I am missing something but that is done in my center all the time. You take the signed del. notice with you and turn it in with your log.
If the package is signature required, SDN will not work in the diad.

'Signature Required' means an actual signature by an actual person. Period.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That's only used when the DIAD doesn't require a signature imbedded in the tracking number.

iruhnman630

Signed delivery notices are useful in areas where signatures are generally required, such as apartments and commercial stops. But they are useless when packages are specifically designated sig reqd.

Customers who don't get their sig req'd packages due to not being home can bitch and moan all they want, but their problem is with the shipper who demanded the signature, not with UPS.