Access Point Nightmares - Please help with information!

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I like the UPS AP lockers in 7-11 parking lots that are all bashed up and vandalized with gang graffiti sprayed on them.

Saw one down near Falls Church, VA and thought customers must really love going to them....

542thruNthru

As always, a good idea that got abused.

The one attempt/access point logic is only about cutting routes, not about servicing the customer.
I think everybody would be fine with 3 attempts/access point, since AP's are "usually" closer than Customer Counters.
I think they were trying to push My Choice and Electronic Signatures so we could get rid of deliveries on 1st attempt.
I can't recall any advertising for My Choice lately since they rolled it out last year.

The only advice I could give to the OP is require signatures on delivery, but of course UPS will make more money on that too.

Sig required still goes to a AP after 1st attempt here. Only ones that don't are the adult sig required.

Is it different where you are?

Brisket

Sig required still goes to a AP after 1st attempt here. Only ones that don't are the adult sig required.

Is it different where you are?

Some apple deliveries were saying AP here but I did override it because we were explicitly told to bring it back and it is reattempted the next day. I'm not taking the heat for AP ing that.

542thruNthru

Some apple deliveries were saying AP here but I did override it because we were explicitly told to bring it back and it is reattempted the next day. I'm not taking the heat for AP ing that.

It's funny you say that. Just 2 weeks ago we had a PCM. We were told to AP everything except hazmat/HV/adult Sig no exception.

Some one said but what about Apple phones? My manager said Apple phone are not HV and should be AP no exceptions.

It's mind blowing how they change crap constantly.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's funny you say that. Just 2 weeks ago we had a PCM. We were told to AP everything except hazmat/HV/adult Sig no exception.

Some one said but what about Apple phones? My manager said Apple phone are not HV and should be AP no exceptions.

It is a dynamic environment ... I always liked that aspect.
Keeps things interesting.

ManInBrown

UPS has a direct delivery option that states that the package can only be delivered to that address, but I believe there is a fee for that. Ask you rep if it is possible to waive that fee
I thought if a shipper agreed to allow us to redirect to Access point they received a discount? You might be right

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
Define brisk pace. My pace doesn't seem to be brisk enough for my supervisor on the annual safety ride. Tell him it is what it is.

IMG_2415.GIF

Rack em

Made the Podium
It shouldn't if it is scanned with the same DIAD. I make second attempts on early AMs and regular medicine next day airs all if the time.
As long as you don't void out the first attempt and then resheet the package, that will cause it to show up late. But scanning the package again and just hitting duplicate won't cause them to show up late.

Brisket

And if one comes up missing? Good thing they said it at a PCM so everyone could hear it... that way there are no 'misunderstanding ' what was said.