Accident that wasn’t your fault.

BigBrownboxx

I was involved in a hit and run accident (not working) the guy took off.. i didn’t receive a citation.. but i just looked at my driving record and it’s on there? Does that effect eligibility to drive?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
First , call your insurance agent , find out why it may be listed on record , go to police station in town it happened , ask to see a report that may have been generated , if no answers , contact a lawyer ,

I've been involved in 2 hit and runs in my lifetime, I'm 40. One time the driver took off and the other time was in a Walmart parking lot. Insurance took care of it both times, no questions asked and they NEVER went on my record. I'd contact your insurance asap.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
As long as you didnt get any points you should be good. They put it on your record because occurences is also a reason your insurance can raise your rate, even if it was not your fault, sucks dont it?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was involved in a hit and run accident (not working) the guy took off.. i didn’t receive a citation.. but i just looked at my driving record and it’s on there? Does that effect eligibility to drive?
Since when are accidents listed with the DMV is no tickets were issued?

Tortuga

I AM THE MiLKMAN
As long as you didnt get any points you should be good. They put it on your record because occurences is also a reason your insurance can raise your rate, even if it was not your fault, sucks dont it?
I don’t have my accident on my driving record(I just checked with the DMV) but I’m pretty sure my insurance has it down (my rate went up lol). Happened last year December 2019. Can they still find out or?

WannaBeFeeder

I don’t have my accident on my driving record(I just checked with the DMV) but I’m pretty sure my insurance has it down (my rate went up lol). Happened last year December 2019. Can they still find out or?
My man quick worrying and just go through the process. I’ve seen you on 4 different threads worrying about 4 different things ...... hilarious