Address forms line 2

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
How to Resolve Address Line 2 (and Other Form Issues)

Here are examples of the types of information the Address Line 2 field is typically meant to hold:

• Apartment numbers
  • Suite numbers
  • Floor numbers
  • Room numbers
  • PO Box numbers

That's a given... but more people are adding this:

In common practice, though, many other things end up in Address Line 2:

• Secondary addresses (duh, I.e. business name)
  • Attention designations
  • C/O (in care of) addresses
  • Special instructions

I have a few addresses with new info after the peak season ended & the supplemental routes were re absorbed into my route due to volume decreases.

It's on the shipping label

sketch-1552905480464.png

It shows up on my manifest and scanner

sketch-1552905155201.png

And on my Garmin GPS unit!

sketch-1552992962339.png

So that's another way for customers to have their parcels delivered to their preference instead of signing up with FedEx, UPS, etc... especially useful for swing/cover drivers who doesn't have that area knowledge

Since I don't know how to input customer preference on my ground scanner, this will be much better off for the customers to take that initiative to have their deliveries at the back porch, garage, side door, etc.

just use that 2nd line of address forms!

sketch-1554046036865.png

Whats in the Box

Express already has Enotes in Ppad that allows to select which door to drop, also a small field for other operational tips helpful for swings when entered by regular drivers, such as: recurring closed days, bad dogs, out of sequence addys, color of house, etc..
If you don't how to in Ground Ppads, you might ask someone at terminal who does know how to do it.

OrioN

If it was that easy, the subcontractors of ground on this site should've made it known already...

OrioN

sketch-1554056965673.png

No porch at this address, but I noticed a wireless security camera pointed at it, so... yeah

dex 84

I tell people all the time if they live in hard to find places to use address line 2 to make it easier for us to find them. The most helpful is "via whatever road" to tell us which road their house can be found off of. Especially helpful when the road their address is on is broken up into multiple sections so unless you know how the numbers run you don't know which way to approach them. Also helpful for new roads not on maps or in Google maps yet.

Another good use is if they have a main street address but their driveway is on a side street they can put in line 2 "driveway on whatever st" which helps me find their house and increases the chances their package will be left at the desired door. I'll walk around to the door they obviously use anyways but many will just find their house and deliver to the door closest to the main road.

I think using line 2 to request a specific door for delivery is much better than putting it in enotes or putting a sign on the front door because you won't see the enote until you've already parked and opened up the stop and you won't see the note on the front door until you've already walked up to it...

CJinx

Your station's admin staff have access to the delivery preference portal; if there is critical information on a particular address that you'd want to show up on the manifest or your scanner, have them add it in.

dex 84

Line 2 saved me big time today. Two streets by the same name in the same town, I would've gone to the other one if I hadn't read the address line 2, in fact I would've probably coded it up because the road to get there is only above water at low tide...

OrioN

Your station's admin staff have access to the delivery preference portal; if there is critical information on a particular address that you'd want to show up on the manifest or your scanner, have them add it in.

Y don't the drivers input them directly into the scanner like express???

The terminal management have other things to worry about, like the missing/misloaded boxes that drivers aren't scanning on route as DEX 012...

I asked before to input some, but one of the managers said THEY have to take the initiative and to sign up or call the 800#... I think he's just being lazy.

CJinx

Y don't the drivers input them directly into the scanner like express???

The terminal management have other things to worry about, like the missing/misloaded boxes that drivers aren't scanning on route as DEX 012...

I asked before to input some, but one of the managers said THEY have to take the initiative and to sign up or call the 800#... I think he's just being lazy.
Shrug. Guess they just don't want non-employees screwing around with the preference portal. As far as the latter half of your post is concerned, anybody with a Fedex login can add/edit information in the preference portal... no customer initiative required.

SmithBarney

Shrug. Guess they just don't want non-employees screwing around with the preference portal. As far as the latter half of your post is concerned, anybody with a Fedex login can add/edit information in the preference portal... no customer initiative required.
Cjinx, question for a friend(no really a friend) does the Ground Preference Portal, allow package forwarding? My friend has problems getting his ground packages, everytime he gets a shipment, as soon as it gets to the ground terminal, it gets a reroute(not sure what you call it) label slapped on his package and it gets sent to his xwife's address. He's tried calling, the 800 number is no use, and when he got through to the ground location they didn't know how to fix it.

It will be fine

Cjinx, question for a friend(no really a friend) does the Ground Preference Portal, allow package forwarding? My friend has problems getting his ground packages, everytime he gets a shipment, as soon as it gets to the ground terminal, it gets a reroute(not sure what you call it) label slapped on his package and it gets sent to his xwife's address. He's tried calling, the 800 number is no use, and when he got through to the ground location they didn't know how to fix it.
I’d guess it’s in the local Ground station’s QA file. You’d have to get a hold of someone at the station that knows how to update that file. In my experience there will only be one or two QA people that know how. It’s an old system that doesn’t work very well.

SmithBarney

I’d guess it’s in the local Ground station’s QA file. You’d have to get a hold of someone at the station that knows how to update that file. In my experience there will only be one or two QA people that know how. It’s an old system that doesn’t work very well.
QA I presume means Quality Assurance

SmithBarney

yes. I've had addresses where a company has moved so all their stuff gets forwarded to the new location. Then a new company moves in years later and QA starts forwarding their stuff too. It's not great.
OK, I'm guessing the Xwife had her stuff forwarded, and apparently everything is going...

CJinx

It doesn't do it automatically, but it's possible that someone put instructions in the portal to address correct any package going to that address to another address. It could also be a Vision issue where there is a bad kickout resolve or a recipient override sending it over.

SmithBarney

It doesn't do it automatically, but it's possible that someone put instructions in the portal to address correct any package going to that address to another address. It could also be a Vision issue where there is a bad kickout resolve or a recipient override sending it over.
No idea, all I know it's a nightmare for this person, and being on the Express side, I'm of little help.