Advice for Lost Package Claims Process?

P

pickup

Why do I get the feeling that overgoods has sooooooooo much stuff they don't have a clue what they really have. I saw a picture once of just the tires that they had in one warehouse. There were hundreds of them. After they keep the stuff for awhile don't they sell it for pennies on the dollar to some place that has a web site like ebay? It's like bargainland.com or something like that. If you Google "overgoods" it comes up with a bunch of stuff---encluding some old posts on Brown Cafe

yeah, don't be surprised to see your guitar on e-bay, sad to say, unless someone accidentally damaged it

DS

Fenderbender
Hey I found the musicians thread:) well Ive see guitars shipped ups and they looked ok to me,but ,I wouldnt do it.I used to have an ovation way back when,really loud crisp sound,but it always sounded like the hole wasn't big enough and it sounded like a shoe box...I hope it shows up
old guitar player man...and apologize on behalf of ups for letting you down
if it don't.

Thanks to all who have offered advice, it is much appreciated. One of the things that just continues to bug me about this whole ordeal is that the package was physically scanned (location scan) in West Columbia at 8:39pm & logically scanned (departure scan) at 11:24pm on 12-23-2008. Then, 37 minutes later the arrival scan takes place in Rock Hill. So, the label on the package was intact enough to get a physical scan 70 miles from its destination. What happened to the label &/or box when it hit RH? It hasn't been physically scanned since Dec. 23. A 37 minute ride on the interstate, that distance, is making good time but I don't see how the label, box & item just disappear. If the package missed the trailer why hasn't it shown up as having been scanned again somewhere, either in CAE or elsewhere? If it made it to RH & the box disintegrated shouldn't the person that does the overgoods shuffle in RH know something about the item? I'm guessing that some sort of report has to be generated for overgoods pickups. If it hit the wrong trailer in CAE & ended up in Timbuktoo or wherever wouldn't it get a scan or a report or something, a phone call to somebody? Objects just don't suddenly cease to exist. They get "misplaced". I didn't mean to get so long-winded. I'm just trying to connect the dots & they aren't co-operating right now.