Brandon5658

Hey there UPS family, I'm a new member of UPS in New York. Just started around 3 weeks ago. I'm currently a package car preloader and I'd like some advice to improve my work.
I've been struggling to pack the trucks, 4 cars being a bit too much to handle for me. Almost everyday my supervisor has to jump in and help me. I'm trying my best but I learn with experience. Any tips on how to keep up with the rest of workers? I always get overwhelmed or take a long time to get packages just right. A driver hasn't complained to me yet but maybe they're cutting me some slack as I'm new.
Also, would I be subject to termination if I work too slow? I try to be as accurate as possible and I'm a very hard worker but I get exhausted a bit easily right now, so that will come with time I think. My aspiration is to become a tractor trailer driver one day. (Currently 19, gotta wait until 21 before they consider me to drive)

Thanks in advance for any answers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey there UPS family, I'm a new member of UPS in New York. Just started around 3 weeks ago. I'm currently a package car preloader and I'd like some advice to improve my work.
I've been struggling to pack the trucks, 4 cars being a bit too much to handle for me. Almost everyday my supervisor has to jump in and help me. I'm trying my best but I learn with experience. Any tips on how to keep up with the rest of workers? I always get overwhelmed or take a long time to get packages just right. A driver hasn't complained to me yet but maybe they're cutting me some slack as I'm new.
Also, would I be subject to termination if I work too slow? I try to be as accurate as possible and I'm a very hard worker but I get exhausted a bit easily right now, so that will come with time I think. My aspiration is to become a tractor trailer driver one day. (Currently 19, gotta wait until 21 before they consider me to drive)

Look for the little short guido with black rubber gloves on

He can help

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Just do your best and try to improve each day. If you were too bad the drivers would be raising hell, new or not

Brandon5658

Just do your best and try to improve each day. If you were too bad the drivers would be raising hell, new or not
Haha the drivers are pretty friendly. I thought they would be upset when the packages literally took up all the walking space but they seemed used to it. I'll keep at it, thanks.

Indecisi0n

I'll continue trying my best. Next year I may look back and laugh at this.
If you can do 3 trucks then you get 4. If you can do 4 trucks then you get 5.

If you fail at 3 trucks but going at a safe place you normally won't get more than that. You need to fail for them to back off. Just how it is.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Look for the little short guido with black rubber gloves on

He can help

Haha who's that exactly?

The man with the answers

This is his High School Yearbook picture.

F5A6728C-9087-4BB2-B984-E34ABDBB3739.jpeg

And he’ll be either eating or have just finished a plate of these.

2B3422A9-90FB-4DA6-A596-33D29E39763C.jpeg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Suck some for 30 days.
Do whatever you like after: clear stack-outs, pat each box in like it's your baby, retape everything and demand rechecks/over 70 stickers and tape. Maybe borrow a handcart or ask for help for nearly every irreg you recieve.
Any of those options are better than going fast for the sake of rescuing a doomed assignment.