Ah, vacation...

raceanoncr

Am there now, Cement. Wanna sleep together? Uh, wait a minute. I didn't mean that! Wanna sleep in at the same time? OK, better!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Thank goodness there are a few states between us. I wish I had someone off this week though so I could play some golf. I hate playing with myself. Wait. That didn't come out r ight either.

browniehound

I love the vacations where you just stay home and do nothing. Don't get me wrong, going away is cool too, but its nice to stay home and do absolutely nothing! Its easier on the wallet too. I'm on vacation this week also.

I just realized something. I'm vacation from UPS but I still come to browncafe to read and write about my job. How sick is that?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nothing better than having the week off to do completely nothing!!

Yes there is--2 weeks. I start mine 6/23 and don't come back til 7/7.
The 2nd week will be spent moving my daughter and her boyfriend, What's His Name, to North Carolina from Albany, NY. I get to drive the U-Haul thanks to my non-CDL.

Cement--relax and don't overdo the do completely nothing.

8Years2Go

I too am on Vaca! Last week was spend in Surfside Beach, SC at the same ocean front home we've been renting off and on for the last 15 years. This week will be spent doing anything I want!

While we're on the subject of vacations. My seniority date is March of 84 and I have been told by a few other drivers that I am due my 7th week this year. When exactly am I due my 7th week? I always thought it would be after my 25th anniversary, March of 09.

rocket man

Boy now we can all be at ease knowing what upstate nyer is gonna do with the boyfriend of his daughter and he dont even know his name. Your too cool. what dose a cdl have to do with it?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I love the vacations where you just stay home and do nothing. Don't get me wrong, going away is cool too, but its nice to stay home and do absolutely nothing! Its easier on the wallet too. I'm on vacation this week also.

I just realized something. I'm vacation from UPS but I still come to browncafe to read and write about my job. How sick is that?
Pretty sad.:whiteflag: But its not really UPS its the funnest part of UPS.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
While we're on the subject of vacations. My seniority date is March of 84 and I have been told by a few other drivers that I am due my 7th week this year. When exactly am I due my 7th week? I always thought it would be after my 25th anniversary, March of 09.
The way I understand it and that of course means nothing, is you have just celebrated completing 24 yrs and are working on 25, therefore, you now get 7 weeks vaca. I will have completed 24 in sept, and thats the way I was told after getting shorted for a yr when I hit 20. And I did get it, so it makes sense, I should have got it when I completed 19, going on 20. Understand? Its confusing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Last I knew 6 weeks was the max for vacations. I get 4 since my 15 years is July 29th. I just ha d to make sure I took one of those weeks after my seniority date

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
July 21/Aug 3 here. Oh I can't wait. Looks like I might get a few extra days though. We have a panel 14/18 and my grievance should finally be heard, so it looks like I will be off July 16/17/18. Not going to complain about that. LOL

tieguy

Banned

I call those planning vacations. I take a major project I want to complete. I plan it. Study it very carefully. Try to take a different perspective over a couple of beers here and there and If I plan carefully my week is usually done by the time I'm ready to implement.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Thank goodness there are a few states between us. I wish I had someone off this week though so I could play some golf. I hate playing with myself. Wait. That didn't come out r ight either.

Just be careful make sure you don't show your putter to the wrong person.:happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I call those planning vacations. I take a major project I want to complete. I plan it. Study it very carefully. Try to take a different perspective over a couple of beers here and there and If I plan carefully my week is usually done by the time I'm ready to implement.:happy-very:
LMAO That's a great vacation plan:thumbup1: