Ahmed, The Terrorist

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This can't be true because it would fly in the face of DriveInDriveOut's overruling theory that the paranoid "right" are trumping up these issues and the Police Chief can't possibly know as much as DriveIn does.

Our BC wizard on social ethics is pretty quiet now.
Did he DriveOff?
I don't sit here all day waiting for your response bro, slow your roll.
To clarify, I think his religion was the main contributing factor that led to his arrest.
I'm not saying the police arrested him based on his religion, I'm saying the teacher that brought the police into the situation overreacted and his ethnic background very probably was a contributing factor.

I never said anything about right or left. The ridiculous state of paranoia, especially when it comes to schools, seems to be shared by both political ideologies.

10 point

I don't sit here all day waiting for your response bro, slow your roll.
To clarify, I think his religion was the main contributing factor that led to his arrest.
I'm not saying the police arrested him based on his religion, I'm saying the teacher that brought the police into the situation overreacted and his ethnic background very probably was a contributing factor.

I never said anything about right or left. The ridiculous state of paranoia, especially when it comes to schools, seems to be shared by both political ideologies.
Bahahahahahahaha.

I don't have a pic for backpedaling.
Wish I did.
This is a Kodak moment for it.
It's a waste of my time exposing your ducking of issues so I'll just leave it at that.
"I think", "very probably was".
Your"facts" are just overwhelming.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bahahahahahahaha.

I don't have a pic for backpedaling.
Wish I did.
This is a Kodak moment for it.
It's a waste of my time exposing your ducking of issues so I'll just leave it at that.
What issue do you think I'm ducking?
You're the one who brought right and left into the debate.
As usual you're trying to fight a battle against the left instead of discussing the topic at hand.
Just get on with blaming this all on the "liberal media", and Obama while you're at it, I know that makes things a lot easier for you to understand.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
image.jpeg

10 point

What issue do you think I'm ducking?
You're the one who brought right and left into the debate.
As usual you're trying to fight a battle against the left instead of discussing the topic at hand.
Just get on with blaming this all on the "liberal media", and Obama while you're at it, I know that makes things a lot easier for you to understand.
You don't know much.
Like I said earlier, your ducking of your own purported issues and going in circles with your convenient dodging of the things you said earlier today is a waste of my time.

Media and Obama are your issues. You brought them up not me.

Just more mindless chatter and interjecting of fluff to try to add some kind of diversion to your lack of substance and facts.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You don't know much.
Like I said earlier, your ducking of your own purported issues and going in circles with your convenient dodging of the things you said earlier today is a waste of my time.

Media and Obama are your issues. You brought them up not me.

Just more mindless chatter and interjecting of fluff to try to add some kind of diversion to your lack of substance and facts.
You brought partisan politics into it not me, nice try deflecting.

10 point

There are 100,000 k-12 schools in this country, and you're really this concerned about 25 shootings a year?
Yes, that's paranoia.
It doesn't have to be an issue, people make it one whether it needs to be or not.
None.
And we didn't have metal detectors and searches, hell, we didn't even lock the doors. Gee how did I survive?
This is what you tried to duck out of when Oldngray posted the whole story.

We're not talking politics and you're lying as usual.

Whether you acknowledge it or not you lost control of your false direction. Probably explains why you drove out after you drove in.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's all you have? The derail and red X answer is all that's left after the fluff blows away.
I've made my points, you're just trolling now bro.
You believe schools should have the atmosphere of an airport.... security, searches, etc, and we should all constantly be on the lookout for anything that could evenly remotely be construed as dangerous... for the sake of the children of course lol.

I think they should be open institutions of learning that foster a sense of creativity... that children shouldn't feel like they're in a prison or have to be afraid of making something that some paranoid teacher who lives in a state of fear might take the wrong way.
That's all there is to it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Like I said.....she's not running for anything.

Technically, no. But Sarah absolutely is "running" in that she is trying to get appointed to office if a Republican administration comes into power. Hence, her stupid remarks about Ahmed, and her renewed presence in the media as the campaign heats-up.

* edited out by cheryl *

Last edited by a moderator:

10 point

I've made my points, you're just trolling now bro.
You believe schools should have the atmosphere of an airport.... security, searches, etc, and we should all constantly be on the lookout for anything that could evenly remotely be construed as dangerous... for the sake of the children of course lol.

I think they should be open institutions of learning that foster a sense of creativity... that children shouldn't feel like they're in a prison or have to be afraid of making something that some paranoid teacher who lives in a state of fear might take the wrong way.
That's all there is to it.
1. I don't believe the schools need added security ... the authorities having jurisdiction do.
Strike one.

2. Schools are not a prison nor do they portray that atmosphere in any I've been in.
Strike two.

3. Creativity is and has always been forefront in our school systems. A sense of security also helps foster that. We don't support violence anywhere in this country and the added security systems were in response to public outcry after seeing teachers and children murdered while being mandated by the state to occupy the classroom until they graduate. Blame the state not "paranoia" for the liability of keeping teachers and students safe while fulfilling their state mandated schooling. The threat manifested itself without paranoia.
Strike three.

You wear a seatbelt?
Are you paranoid?
Get a grip on reality.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You wear a seatbelt?
Are you paranoid?
Get a grip on reality.
Good point about the seatbelts. Chances of dying in a car accident are between 1 in 100-200. Some of our school buses still don't have seatbelts lol. Chances of dying in a school shooting are minuscule compared to that.

Another example. Being hit by a car is the third leading cause of death for children 5-9 years old.
We spend hundreds of thousands here on security guards, metal detectors, and training for active shooter incidents in our school district.
Yet children who live within 2 miles of their school can't take a bus, they walk to and from school often unsupervised.

Sure, we've got crossing guards, they help them across the street to get them off school property safely, then they're on their own.

Have you considered that all this security isn't really about safety so much as it is about liability, political correctness, and placating the unjustified fears of parents? Why ignore so many other dangers yet spend so much time and money on something that is so rare?

It's just not necessary. That's the reality, get a grip on it.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
1. I don't believe the schools need added security ... the authorities having jurisdiction do.
Strike one.
Get a grip on reality.
You're clearly not aware that school security is a huge business, off duty police officers make thousands a year here doing it.
Get a grip on reality.
2. Schools are not a prison nor do they portray that atmosphere in any I've been in.
Strike two.
Get a grip on reality.
Just because you don't see it where you are doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You might want to look into the school to prison pipeline and educate yourself a little about what goes on outside your bubble.
Get a grip on reality.
3. Creativity is and has always been forefront in our school systems. A sense of security also helps foster that. We don't support violence anywhere in this country and the added security systems were in response to public outcry after seeing teachers and children murdered while being mandated by the state to occupy the classroom until they graduate. Blame the state not "paranoia" for the liability of keeping teachers and students safe while fulfilling their state mandated schooling. The threat manifested itself without paranoia.
Strike three.
Get a grip on reality.
We'll have to agree to disagree about that. The means used to give the "security" you're talking about does not foster creativity.
Get a grip on reality.

10 point

Good point about the seatbelts. Chances of dying in a car accident are between 1 in 100-200. Some of our school buses still don't have seatbelts lol. Chances of dying in a school shooting are minuscule compared to that.

Another example. Being hit by a car is the third leading cause of death for children 5-9 years old.
We spend hundreds of thousands here on security guards, metal detectors, and training for active shooter incidents in our school district.
Yet children who live within 2 miles of their school can't take a bus, they walk to and from school often unsupervised.

Sure, we've got crossing guards, they help them across the street to get them off school property safely, then they're on their own.

Have you considered that all this security isn't really about safety so much as it is about liability, political correctness, and placating the unjustified fear of parents? Why ignore so many other dangers yet spend so much time and money on something that is so rare?

It's just not necessary. That's the reality.
The parents lobbied for the added security.
The seatbelt point was that they were mandated and most didn't appreciate it because of the millions of cars on the road only the miniscule percentage of drivers involved in traffic fatalities (per capita) that died without them now held everyone else hostage to being forced to wear them...or else.

Dying in a traffic accident is no where the shock value that seeing dozens of children's bodies splattered by bullets in a classroom where oncoming traffic isn't.

Not apples for apples. Sorry.
I have a grip on reality. You choose not to.