Another customer you want to strangle story

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Customer wants me to stand there as she opens each box and examine for damage every single day. Today I was a little stressed after she says "Hurry Up" to me. She got 5 big boxes. I asked if she wanted them at the front door as usual and she "clicks her tongue" in disgust. I put them at her front door and started to walk away and she demanded I open them up. I responded that she knows I don't carry a knife and I told you I cant open any customer boxes as a Ups Employee. We have talked about this before. She said I guess I will go in the house and get one. I just got into my truck and drove away. Yesterday I told her I didn't have time to wait around and if she had any problems just to file a claim thru the 1-800 number. Every Fffing day I cant just deliver and go. everyday she eats up 5-10 mins of my time.

Any tips on how to handle this crazy bitch. I feel next she will have me mowing her lawn and reroofing her house if I don't stand my ground. I do not want to get a bullseye on my back with management but I don't have time to Bull:censored2: with this customer. she is Obviously self entitled and overly demanding above what a ups driver is allowed to do. I really don't know how to handle her. I want to give good customer service but some people are just idiots. I don't know what I can and cannot do and what the rules are. I want to shut her down without getting pulled into the center managers office with my stewart. Any comments are welcome.
I always say, "Take it or refuse it", "once you open it I need a pick up order".

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
when forced to work package I was always late with next day air ( not on purpose . just did not know the routes ). customers would complain and Id tell them to ship fed ex.

get back to building late and supe would be waiting telling me i couldnt tell people to shipfed ex. I'd say people were rude soI'm rude right back.

got sent back to feeder.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
when forced to work package I was always late with next day air ( not on purpose . just did not know the routes ). customers would complain and Id tell them to ship fed ex.

get back to building late and supe would be waiting telling me i couldnt tell people to shipfed ex. I'd say people were rude soI'm rude right back.

got sent back to feeder.

SMDH

a911scanner

One of my biggest peeves and one that sometimes gets me in trouble due to my inability to control my mouth is when the people come outside and just stand by the door looking stupidly at me. I don't care if I have an envelope or am carrying a trampoline, if you come outside, you better be walking towards me to meet me in the middle or telling me to leave it right where I am.

This isn't a fashion show and I don't want some meatsleeve staring at me the whole time while I carry their crap up to them. I have been "spoken" to because I get annoyed the person won't come towards me and just set the stuff down away from them and walk off.

Corona virus is your friend. I haven't handed anyone a box in 6 months.

I tell them to wait there, then set it on the step. Or I slide it up the driveway or toss it to their hands.

"COVID delivery...Gotta maintain 6 ft. of space"