air cargo, 2006

M

menlo

No, Menlo has drivers that will be picking up the freight.This is a different part of UPS called Supply Chain Solutions.The drivers will be UPS Cartage Services.

T

trickpony1

Let me guess......"UPS Cartage Services" drivers will not be organized (as in "union")?

U

upsdawg

Supply Chain Solutions is a broad spectrum of services offered to customers---we will warehouse their product----repair their product----move their product by ocean--truck--plane-----air freight is a component of what SCS offers. Is there going to be a mandate to switch all of the previous Menlo Logistics employees over to union?

I would hope that SCS continues to have the flexibility to obtain new business-----to obtain new business at rates that are above our costs---if we tie their hands with a high cost of unionized employees it will limit their success when they are bidding against non-union companies (FedEx--DHL)whose costs are much lower---thus they can offer lower rates and undercut us to get the business.

M

menlo

I am a driver in New York State for UPS Cartage services and we are Teamsters.Most of the former EMERY/MENLO drivers are union.There are still some nonunion stations out there.