Air driver /clerk

upsairdriver2015

We used to have a lot of these air driver combo jobs at one of our hubs, and it was the "entry level" combo job. It got you FT seniority, which got you farther ahead in line to bid for the higher paying inside/inside 22.3 jobs.
Ok . I just don't understand why Ups have 2 air drivers doing pick ups ? The way the contract is written doesn't seem smart ?

upsairdriver2015

By the way: as a 22.3 air driver/inside combo, you are guaranteed 3 hours of air driving, no matter how many hours inside worked. I would file for top driver rate 22.2 rate if UPS forced me inside 8 hours, with an article 40 FT air/inside job.
What about delivering ground? I delivered ground from 2 pm til 4 pm then started my pick ups? I thought I would get to top driver pay for the whole shift ? ups paid me 4 hours at top rate. Then paid me my air rate

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What about delivering ground? I delivered ground from 2 pm til 4 pm then started my pick ups? I thought I would get to top driver pay for the whole shift ? ups paid me 4 hours at top rate. Then paid me my air rate
To my knowledge, you should be paid at the higher rate for all hours worked. That is locally, not sure about other contract supplements.

In my building you would have been paid top driver rate for all the time driving and inside rate for the clerks hours.

upsairdriver2015

Ok ups did not take away my bulk stops or my drop boxes ? I am now torn ! Do I file the grievance for picking up ground or back off ? Friday I saw a supervisor take two ground packages to a driver or she delivered them herself !

I know but my inside rate is low . Hard to live on that
FT inside wage starting rate is $15/hr with a 4 years progression. Did you not take this in to consideration when you accepted the bid? At least you will be working everyday. A lot of new drivers are lucky to work 3 days a week the first year. We have had several working inside almost the whole year after Christmas. At $15/hr.