Air Driver for life?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I would hope UPS would hire people for full-time positions. If you claim to be doing this on a regular basis the volume must be there.
Yeah volume is there but guess what homey, they hide volume like a mother and get away with it. They would hide their mother and children if they could. Crookedazz mofos lol.

PT Car Washer

Feast or famine .
That is what an air driver's work schedule will always be .
I started out being an exceptional air driver in 86, until medical reasons pulled my DOT card in 2012 .Back in the first few years nobody else wanted the work , thus I got it all .
Some days only an hour or two , other days 12+ , and some days nothing .
In my area , all hours worked are counted towards my total yearly pension hours , one only needed 1800 hrs to receive a full years credit . As a p/t I was getting the same pension credit as any friend/T driver .
Another 2.5 yrs to go to hit my 35 yrs service pension .
35 years service as FT or PT pension? I agree working FT hours and only gaining a PT pension is a minus to the job. The plus are being able to choose how many hours you want to work that day (to an extent), not having to answer to management for every minute of your day, Friday I delivered 3 stops in one town drove to a second town for one stop and drove to a third town for a pick up, on the way back to the building dropped off another resi stop. Drove 140 miles delivered 5 packages to 5 stops in 4 hours at top driver rate and was the hero of the day. I think I can do this job into my 70's.

PT Car Washer

Also covered for an AM air driver Friday morning. Clocked in at 8:00, did 12 10:30 commit stops and 2 12:00 stops. Ran some misloads and off a little after 12. Covering for the same AM driver all next week. I agree it is feast or famine.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
new-girl-winston-quotes-4.gif
35 years service as FT or PT pension? I agree working FT hours and only gaining a PT pension is a minus to the job. The plus are being able to choose how many hours you want to work that day (to an extent), not having to answer to management for every minute of your day, Friday I delivered 3 stops in one town drove to a second town for one stop and drove to a third town for a pick up, on the way back to the building dropped off another resi stop. Drove 140 miles delivered 5 packages to 5 stops in 4 hours at top driver rate and was the hero of the day. I think I can do this job into my 70's.

Re-Raise

Re-Raise

Uugghh how do you multi quote on here? I was going to quote both of PT Carwasher's posts and ask him to make up his mind what he did Friday?

PT Car Washer

Sorry. I did both. That was my whole day. Other then that the weather was real nice and came home for lunch and do some spring yard clean up. Snowed last night.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What is the difference between an exceptional and an average air driver ? : )

Sent using BrownCafe App
The first air drivers mostly only handled Exception packages that were airline flighted for same day delivery ( missed NDA's ) .
The pay rate was different too .
I started at $10/hr Plus mileage for using my own vehicle .
As the years went by in only one contract I received raises jumping my rate up to $11.66 / hr where it stayed until a took a year 1 combo . In the mid 90's the contract no longer had exceptional air drivers listed , but all new air drivers were to start at $13.50 / hr.

Re-Raise

I think he was joking because you said exceptional air driver instead of exception air driver. I don't think he really cared what the difference was.

PT Car Washer

The first air drivers mostly only handled Exception packages that were airline flighted for same day delivery ( missed NDA's ) .
The pay rate was different too .
I started at $10/hr Plus mileage for using my own vehicle .
As the years went by in only one contract I received raises jumping my rate up to $11.66 / hr where it stayed until a took a year 1 combo . In the mid 90's the contract no longer had exceptional air drivers listed , but all new air drivers were to start at $13.50 / hr.
That is where I started also. Sometimes came in to run a NDA that arrived on a feeder across the street. After the strike started running NDA misloads found on the preload to other centers around the state. The $13.50/hr. is starting FT Air Driver rate.

BrownChoice

Considering staying part time as well. I have other things going for me and a UPS driver is not the end all be all. Several retired package drivers have told me to stay part time. If the pension is one of the few downfalls to staying part time there are ways around that without letting UPS control every aspect of your life.

PT Car Washer

Smaller pension but a more solvent pension. Also smaller vacation and Holiday checks. More opportunities to try different jobs and different hours when you stay PT. Only change a package car driver can make is a different rout when one becomes available and you have enough seniority or go to feeders and work nights. Also depends on how old you are. If you can start young enough to make it 25 or 30 years FT. The choice is yours.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
250yu273swsw.gif
Considering staying part time as well. I have other things going for me and a UPS driver is not the end all be all. Several retired package drivers have told me to stay part time. If the pension is one of the few downfalls to staying part time there are ways around that without letting UPS control every aspect of your life.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think he was joking because you said exceptional air driver instead of exception air driver. I don't think he really cared what the difference was.
But I considered myself an exceptional air driver since no one else in my building wanted the work .
It was several years before I convinced another p/t to help .