Air driver getting bumped need info

PT Car Washer

That doesn't matter. It is full time driver work. If they use him it is an illegal driver and they need to hire more drivers.
FT driver is guaranteed 8 hours of work a day. Sometimes there is only a 2 or 3 hours of work. Pay an Air exception driver top driver rate under Art 40 and all is legal. FT driver can get his hours working inside the Hub.

BrownTexas

FT driver is guaranteed 8 hours of work a day. Sometimes there is only a 2 or 3 hours of work. Pay an Air exception driver top driver rate under Art 40 and all is legal. FT driver can get his hours working inside the Hub.
Negative. The moment you touch a ground package it is illegal. Doesn't matter if it is 30 minutes, 2 hours, or 8 hours. You act like they only have those "2 hours". The could easily put a route in that day with other work. They are just putting band aids on it and getting away with it because no one is filing.

PT Car Washer

Actually the Union Business Agent did file on air drivers doing ground work so then the drivers blamed the Union for them being overworked. That didn't last long.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
When have you ever seen a FT driver file a grievance for more work? Most times I have drivers throwing me work so they can have an easier day. Even driver Union Stewards.

I've seen and heard grievances where seniority prevailed for the FT over a PT and extra work. It might happen where you're getting work over a FT but it's against the contract. The Air article doesn't apply to ground stops or work

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Actually the Union Business Agent did file on air drivers doing ground work so then the drivers blamed the Union for them being overworked. That didn't last long.
And that is why the company won't make more FT jobs. If you're willing to make an outside agreement against the contract and do the work, the company will let you all fight it out. If they're overworked, they should be filing 9/5 grievances. The BA was right.

PT Car Washer

I've seen and heard grievances where seniority prevailed for the FT over a PT and extra work. It might happen where you're getting work over a FT but it's against the contract. The Air article doesn't apply to ground stops or work
I agree with what you are saying. The only thing Art 40 says is the company has to pay me top driver rate as a penalty when performing ground work. You also know the company are not going to create another route unless there is 10 hours work on it. So me helping with pick ups or whatever is a win for the driver and for me. The only losers are the laid off drivers and they can work two sorts inside to get their 40 hours.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
No one is filing because the package car drivers are the ones asking for help so they can get off early.

And when they're replaced by a bunch of PT that will be why. No good having a contract if everyone just does what they want. They need to suck it up. This isn't a 9-5 job

By The Book

More of a trick sups will use to pull down a drivers stop count. Silly because most times the driver will have a ground stop next door.
I think it is a combination of that, and a way to keep the driver in trace so he doesn't have to break for those commits. This also allows them to put more stops on the car to maintain that stops per car metric.

By The Book

I agree with what you are saying. The only thing Art 40 says is the company has to pay me top driver rate as a penalty when performing ground work. You also know the company are not going to create another route unless there is 10 hours work on it. So me helping with pick ups or whatever is a win for the driver and for me. The only losers are the laid off drivers and they can work two sorts inside to get their 40 hours.
I know you're a long time employee at ups. I would hope that there are no losers in your building. If one of your laid off drivers works Tuesday are they guaranteed to work the rest of the week? Reading your posts on this topic it sounds to me like as long as I get mine the other guys can figure it out. I think you have to look at the overall picture and come up with a solution that is within the contract. As long as the company pays the penalty rate to you is not a solution long term. That being said if grievances have been filed to get clarification on this issue in your building, then it will get resolved one way or the other. In our building, if you were a utility driver, and the extra work went to you by seniority, due to absentees, overflows, etc. it would be by the contract.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
But they shouldn't have to work two sorts to get their 40 when you're stealing their work that they as FT drivers are entitled to over you. If you wanted that work, you should of bid FT. You can't have your cake and eat it too. And no ups doesn't need 10 hrs worth of work to put a route on. That's not how it works

It's not a win win at all. You're helping eliminate a FT job just so you get yours. The other laid off FT drivers either don't know their rights or are being lied to. That would last about two seconds in my local. Not only would our BA win any monetary grievances but also seniority and right to the work before you.

He would also pull you aside and make it clear that just because you're a long time PT, you don't screw over laid off FT drivers who are contractually a head of you. He probably wouldn't be so nice about it too as I've stated.

If I was one of those laid off FT drivers and you were taking my work and money, I'd let you know real quick what a :censored2: move that is. Thankfully we have a steward that has a way with self entitled guys like that. It's kinda of like how the teamsters used to handle things back in the day kinda way

PT Car Washer

But they shouldn't have to work two sorts to get their 40 when you're stealing their work that they as FT drivers are entitled to over you. If you wanted that work, you should of bid FT. You can't have your cake and eat it too. And no ups doesn't need 10 hrs worth of work to put a route on. That's not how it works

It's not a win win at all. You're helping eliminate a FT job just so you get yours. The other laid off FT drivers either don't know their rights or are being lied to. That would last about two seconds in my local. Not only would our BA win any monetary grievances but also seniority and right to the work before you.

He would also pull you aside and make it clear that just because you're a long time PT, you don't screw over laid off FT drivers who are contractually a head of you. He probably wouldn't be so nice about it too as I've stated.

If I was one of those laid off FT drivers and you were taking my work and money, I'd let you know real quick what a :censored2: move that is. Thankfully we have a steward that has a way with self entitled guys like that. It's kinda of like how the teamsters used to handle things back in the day kinda way
What are you complaining about? The laid off drivers are still working. Getting their 40 or close to it anyway. Center just called and they want me to come in to cover some pick ups.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
What are you complaining about? The laid off drivers are still working. Getting their 40 or close to it anyway. Center just called and they want me to come in to cover some pick ups.
Because those guys could be driving more than 40 and not having to double shift inside to get 8. And after a certain time their rate will fall from driver rate if they do that.

But hey as long as YOU get your hours that you're not even entitled to. I'm not complaining. I'm calling you out on screwing over guys who are FT and deserve that work more than you. Like I said, if you wanted it, you should of gone FT when it was offered.

And of course they called, it's cheaper to use you then the FT. Way to stick it to your Union brothers.