Air driver getting bumped need info

Because those guys could be driving more than 40 and not having to double shift inside to get 8. And after a certain time their rate will fall from driver rate if they do that.

But hey as long as YOU get your hours that you're not even entitled to. I'm not complaining. I'm calling you out on screwing over guys who are FT and deserve that work more than you. Like I said, if you wanted it, you should of gone FT when it was offered.

And of course they called, it's cheaper to use you then the FT. Way to stick it to your Union brothers.
Worked 5 1/2 hours today between helping a driver with pick ups for an hour and covering a PM letter box pick up route. Not enough hours to work a laid off FT driver.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Worked 5 1/2 hours today between helping a driver with pick ups for an hour and covering a PM letter box pick up route. Not enough hours to work a laid off FT driver.
You don't see the bigger picture and people who act like you never will. You're circumventing the contract and making side deals with management to get work that isn't yours. You think you aren't doing anything wrong. I bet the laid off FT driver who should be doing that work would disagree. How are you keeping those guys in the dark? Let me guess, you're telling them that you have seniority over them. Yet you don't.

Keep telling yourself you're more important than the contract or the people who are entitled to that work over you. Why didn't you just go FT? Because there is one like you in every center. The 20-30 year part timer who comes in and stretches his primary job 5 or so hours. Then goes and does airs for a few hours and then comes in on Saturday. Throw in taking ground like it's theirs. Gets 50 plus hours a week while FT drivers are laid off. But turned down going FT because they will milk this and do very little hard work.

Awesome. But hey, you're entitled! You only decided to stay PT by your own choice. Why shouldn't you get almost 50 hrs/week in any classification you want? Screw those FT "suckers" who were only hired FT. They can beg for 4 hours each shift on a split shift and lose their driver rate.

Someone in your building needs to put you and your entitled ego in its place

You don't see the bigger picture and people who act like you never will. You're circumventing the contract and making side deals with management to get work that isn't yours. You think you aren't doing anything wrong. I bet the laid off FT driver who should be doing that work would disagree. How are you keeping those guys in the dark? Let me guess, you're telling them that you have seniority over them. Yet you don't.

Keep telling yourself you're more important than the contract or the people who are entitled to that work over you. Why didn't you just go FT? Because there is one like you in every center. The 20-30 year part timer who comes in and stretches his primary job 5 or so hours. Then goes and does airs for a few hours and then comes in on Saturday. Throw in taking ground like it's theirs. Gets 50 plus hours a week while FT drivers are laid off. But turned down going FT because they will milk this and do very little hard work.

Awesome. But hey, you're entitled! You only decided to stay PT by your own choice. Why shouldn't you get almost 50 hrs/week in any classification you want? Screw those FT "suckers" who were only hired FT. They can beg for 4 hours each shift on a split shift and lose their driver rate.

Someone in your building needs to put you and your entitled ego in its place
Actually most of the drivers appreciate me dropping everything and heading into work to bail them out of a mess because of a breakdown, an 8 hour request, family emergency, injury, poor load, or whatever may come up. How many laid off drivers would do this? Besides by the contract the only thing a laid off driver can do is displace two PTers working the sorts as long as they have more seniority. You are taking this way out of context.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Actually most of the drivers appreciate me dropping everything and heading into work to bail them out of a mess because of a breakdown, an 8 hour request, family emergency, injury, poor load, or whatever may come up. How many laid off drivers would do this? Besides by the contract the only thing a laid off driver can do is displace two PTers working the sorts as long as they have more seniority. You are taking this way out of context.

No a laid off driver can do the work you're stealing. But hey keep telling yourself that if that lets you sleep at night.

Please show me the article in the contract that says a FT driver can only displace two PTers if only he has more seniority and show me in the contract where it says you are entitled to the ground work both pick ups and deliveries that you are doing every day, before them.

I'll wait.......

No a laid off driver can do the work you're stealing. But hey keep telling yourself that if that lets you sleep at night.

Please show me the article in the contract that says a FT driver can only displace two PTers if only he has more seniority and show me in the contract where it says you are entitled to the ground work both pick ups and deliveries that you are doing every day, before them.

I'll wait.......
Central Region Supplement Art 1 sec 6. In the Master Art 40 sec 1 paragraph (7). I don't do it everyday. Only when an emergency comes up. 4 times a week. Work 6 days a week and about 30 hours or less a week. I am not taking a FT drivers job. Just filling in when there is a need. Besides the new drivers only know the route they trained on and the route they ran at Christmas.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Central Region Supplement Art 1 sec 6. In the Master Art 40 sec 1 paragraph (7). I don't do it everyday. Only when an emergency comes up. 4 times a week. Work 6 days a week and about 30 hours or less a week. I am not taking a FT drivers job. Just filling in when there is a need. Besides the new drivers only know the route they trained on and the route they ran at Christmas.

Keep telling yourself you're not. Won't make it any more true.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Article 40 sec 1(7) is not intended to be used the way you are trying to justify it. They can't call you in to do ground pick ups 4x a week and call it an emergency. Who the heck is your BA and if he's letting that happen under that premise, it's wrong.

As far as the central supplement I'm not in that region so I don't have a copy but I will say the master language of seniority prevails in all conflicts would arise. And FT seniority trumps PT every time

Article 40 sec 1(7) is not intended to be used the way you are trying to justify it. They can't call you in to do ground pick ups 4x a week and call it an emergency. Who the heck is your BA and if he's letting that happen under that premise, it's wrong.

As far as the central supplement I'm not in that region so I don't have a copy but I will say the master language of seniority prevails in all conflicts would arise. And FT seniority trumps PT every time
I am not justifying anything with Art 40. You FT drivers voted it in. If you don't like it vote it out. Along with the Art 22.3 jobs.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I am not justifying anything with Art 40. You FT drivers voted it in. If you don't like it vote it out. Along with the Art 22.3 jobs.

Article 40 is not entitle you to run bulk ground pick ups or deliveries 4x a week or whatever. If this went to panel, management would lose and have to reinstate the laid off FT to do this work instead of you.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm starting to like this "Orion's my new BFF" fella. LOL!

Concerning part-timers wanting extra work (someone mentioned it earlier)......at the last union meeting I went to a bunch of part-timers (most of which had more than a decade of service) were raising hell because they were getting bumped out of extra work by full-timers and full-timers with less company seniority. Now, I'm no fan of our local by a long shot but they, along with some stewards from the hub, did impress me on how they responded. They basically told them in a polite but firm way "Hey look.....all of you have had the numerous opportunities to go full-time this year but you passed it up to stay part-time." Man, I was totally expecting some tires to be slashed that night. LOL!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
For you the good news is I am almost 60 years old and most likely will not be helping out for too many more years. The bad news is a driver will have to do his own work or a driver sup will help out.

Why would a driver sup be doing Union work? No I FT driver would come lay off and actually have their rightful job. Or the current FT driver can suck it up and go his job too instead of trying to be off by 4.

So you violate article 6 section 1 by making your own agreements with management and you turn a blind eye to a on road doing Union work?

Please retire. Guys like you are why there are less FT jobs being created.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Concerning part-timers wanting extra work (someone mentioned it earlier)......at the last union meeting I went to a bunch of part-timers (most of which had more than a decade of service) were raising hell because they were getting bumped out of extra work by full-timers and full-timers with less company seniority. Now, I'm no fan of our local by a long shot but they, along with some stewards from the hub, did impress me on how they responded. They basically told them in a polite but firm way "Hey look.....all of you have had the numerous opportunities to go full-time this year but you passed it up to stay part-time." Man, I was totally expecting some tires to be slashed that night. LOL!

That is EXACTLY how it should be hsndled

Overpaid Union Thug

In my supplement I can't bump a part-timer with more company seniority than me when laid off from driving. As far as I know that even applies if that part-timer is an air driver.

My Local has the same attitude and I agree with it. I had my chance years (decades) ago to go FT but choose not to. I don't bump any FT drivers out of their jobs but when there is extra work I will take it. I have plenty of work around the house to keep me busy during the slow times.

Nope. Not in the Central Region. But keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel more important.