Air driver senority

Ky0311

I'm a part time air driver, I work pre load and drive occasionally during the week and every Saturday. Im lower on the senority list, if people with more company senority sign a bid a year after me, can they start the job and take my route/ extra work if they choose?

The master doesn't go into detail on this but my supplement does. Am I right or wrong here? It states senority in the classification.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180910-140302.png
    Screenshot_20180910-140302.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 322

CoffeeStainedUniform

I'm a part time air driver, I work pre load and drive occasionally during the week and every Saturday. Im lower on the senority list, if people with more company senority sign a bid a year after me, can they start the job and take my route/ extra work if they choose?

The master doesn't go into detail on this but my supplement does. Am I right or wrong here? It states senority in the classification.
If the senior driver lost a bid route due to it changing over 50% or being moved from their center they can then choose to "take" your bid route from you. Bumping you from your work when they are laid off is suppliment specific but allowable in my area.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Extra work is all based on seniority so if someone with more seniority chooses to become an air driver they can bump you off your saturday route or the extra work durimg the week.

542thruNthru

This is a question that would be better answered by your BA. Call your local and ask to talk with him/her.

You'll get a hundred different answers here because everywhere is so different.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Extra work is all based on seniority so if someone with more seniority chooses to become an air driver they can bump you off your saturday route or the extra work durimg the week.

In my Area is based in who you know, Seniority is not counted, they broke the rules all the times. Grievances piling up by the minute.

Ky0311

This is a question that would be better answered by your BA. Call your local and ask to talk with him/her.

You'll get a hundred different answers here because everywhere is so different.
Yeah there's so many grey areas in the master and everyone's supplement is different. Thanks guys

brown_trousers

If the senior driver lost a bid route due to it changing over 50% or being moved from their center they can then choose to "take" your bid route from you. Bumping you from your work when they are laid off is suppliment specific but allowable in my area.
Usually, bumping language allows someone to displace the "lowest seniority" worker. So if the OP isnt the lowest seniority bid driver, they would be safe.

But every supplement and rider is different. So ymmv.

Usually, bumping language allows someone to displace the "lowest seniority" worker. So if the OP isnt the lowest seniority bid driver, they would be safe.

But every supplement and rider is different. So ymmv.
The OP is a preloader who runs air during the week if needed and delivers Saturday air. None are a bid job or route except his preload job.

He's a bid air driver. So I'm guessing it's his primary job. Don't know what this would mean honestly. Depends on the area.
Not sure where he says he is a bid air driver. Says he works preload and drives occasionally during the week and on Saturday. Sounds more like an air exception driver who volunteers to work Saturday to me. I am assuming he is PT and not a 22.3 employee Tues thru Sat.

542thruNthru

Not sure where he says he is a bid air driver. Says he works preload and drives occasionally during the week and on Saturday. Sounds more like an air exception driver who volunteers to work Saturday to me. I am assuming he is PT and not a 22.3 employee Tues thru Sat.

I quoted where he said yes he's a Bid air driver. Unless I misunderstood him.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Central Region language, which doesn't apply. Article 40 of the Master applies to air drivers.

Are you a bid air driver or air exception driver?

It sounds like you're a preloader and an air exception driver.

If this is the case, all your air driving, including Saturday, goes by seniority.

So if the Company adds another air exception driver, and he has more seniority, he gets first dibs at all the driving that you have been doing, including Saturday.

brown_trousers

Central Region language, which doesn't apply. Article 40 of the Master applies to air drivers.

Are you a bid air driver or air exception driver?

It sounds like you're a preloader and an air exception driver.

If this is the case, all your air driving, including Saturday, goes by seniority.

So if the Company adds another air exception driver, and he has more seniority, he gets first dibs at all the driving that you have been doing, including Saturday.

Seniority gets complicated sometimes. I believe exception air driving has its own seniority list seperate of company seniority. So if a new air driver was added, they would start at at the bottom of the air driver list, regardless of their company seniority.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Seniority gets complicated sometimes. I believe exception air driving has its own seniority list seperate of company seniority. So if a new air driver was added, they would start at at the bottom of the air driver list, regardless of their company seniority.

Article 40 Section 1 of the Master

(h) Exception Air Drivers

(1) The Employer and the Union recognize that there may be air packages that cannot be delivered by the regular full-time package car driver or the scheduled air drivers listed in this Section. Therefore, the parties agree to continue the practice of allowing the use of part-time employees who have signed the exception qualified list or who have expressed in writing their desire to be on the list and who have been certified to deliver these exception air packages.

(2) Employees certified on the Exception Air Driver list who have not worked over forty (40) hours in the current work week shall be offered this work by seniority.

brown_trousers

Article 40 Section 1 of the Master

(2) Employees certified on the Exception Air Driver list who have not worked over forty (40) hours in the current work week shall be offered this work by seniority.

The question then, is what seniority list is it offered from? Art-40 doesnt specifically define what seniority list is to be used, so it can be further defined in local riders and supplements. Would it be company seniority or exception air driving seniority (if that even exists)?

I believe i have seen an exception air seniority list posted in our break room with all the other seniority lists.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The question then, is what seniority list is it offered from? Art-40 doesnt specifically define what seniority list is to be used, so it can be further defined in local riders and supplements. Would it be company seniority or exception air driving seniority (if that even exists)?

I believe i have seen an exception air seniority list posted in our break room with all the other seniority lists.

I will not say that there is none, there is always that one exception to the rule.

But I would say that 99% of all locals use PT seniority, not when someone qualified to become an air exception driver.

And the work goes in seniority order.

The OP is also in the Central. One seniority list for all PT employees.

ARTICLE 11

Section 3

Part-time employees will work off the part-time employee seniority lists at each center. Seniority shall prevail for extra work and the work shall be assigned by seniority within the classification and work area to those who are qualified, present and available.