Air driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dttocs, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Dttocs

Dttocs Member

Im an exception air driver working on my 7th day. Do i get double time pay or is it straight time?

2. Depends on what your local supplement says

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  3. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

Here you would earn overtime rate (1.5x) for any unscheduled days outside of the two defined workweeks (m-f, t-s) and double time if all seven days were worked in a calendar week.

4. Dttocs

Dttocs Member

Im scheduled bid is Sun-thurs. i been working on Saturday my 7th day

5. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

tell them NO!, no wonder they won’t hire any drivers , they have guys that want to work 7 days a week..

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

But you're not working Friday? Have you checked your supplemental contract?

7. Dttocs

Dttocs Member

I touch ground friday and get paid 6th day due to that reason. Companys trying to argue that i dont get 7th day on saturday cuz its straight time and I work as a saturday air drive only

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Where are you located? Do you know what supplmental contract your under. Like Central, Southern, Western...?

9. Dttocs

Dttocs Member

Southern California. Western regional supplement. But i believe article 40 in the master supersedes the others

10. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

You get all three, since article 40 does not directly contradict my jc37 articles on overtime (for example) then they both apply. Overtime after 8 hours, overtime after 40 hours, overtime outside of the regularly scheduled workweek, overtime after a 5th punch, overtime on a holiday.
    I believe that my local is in agreement to offer double time on a 7th punch in one workweek but I cannot find explicit language.

I would find your BA for at least 1.5X pay, working Sunday through Saturday means you definitely worked 40 straight time hours prior to friday/saturday.