Air driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dttocs, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Dttocs

Dttocs Member

Im an exception air driver working on my 7th day. Do i get double time pay or is it straight time?

2. Depends on what your local supplement says

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  3. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

Here you would earn overtime rate (1.5x) for any unscheduled days outside of the two defined workweeks (m-f, t-s) and double time if all seven days were worked in a calendar week.

4. Dttocs

Dttocs Member

Im scheduled bid is Sun-thurs. i been working on Saturday my 7th day

5. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

tell them NO!, no wonder they won’t hire any drivers , they have guys that want to work 7 days a week..

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

But you're not working Friday? Have you checked your supplemental contract?

7. Dttocs

Dttocs Member

I touch ground friday and get paid 6th day due to that reason. Companys trying to argue that i dont get 7th day on saturday cuz its straight time and I work as a saturday air drive only

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Where are you located? Do you know what supplmental contract your under. Like Central, Southern, Western...?

9. Dttocs

Dttocs Member

Southern California. Western regional supplement. But i believe article 40 in the master supersedes the others

10. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

You get all three, since article 40 does not directly contradict my jc37 articles on overtime (for example) then they both apply. Overtime after 8 hours, overtime after 40 hours, overtime outside of the regularly scheduled workweek, overtime after a 5th punch, overtime on a holiday.
    I believe that my local is in agreement to offer double time on a 7th punch in one workweek but I cannot find explicit language.

I would find your BA for at least 1.5X pay, working Sunday through Saturday means you definitely worked 40 straight time hours prior to friday/saturday.