Air Travel Boorish Behavior In The News

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh yes they do.
Here's a quick screen grab from 2018. They all do it (except JetBlue)
View attachment 439548

Here’s a more recent article as well as a screen shot from it:

Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air and JetBlue Airways (JBLU) - Get Free Report took a respective second and third place when it comes to the lowest number of bumpings.

"Allegiant Air, one of the primary ultra-low-cost airlines in the US, is one of the least likely airlines to bump passengers from their scheduled flights," reads the report. "Offering both low prices and seat security, the airline bumped 569 passengers voluntarily between April and June 2022. No passengers were involuntarily bumped."

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
As I said, they don’t do it on purpose. I can’t speak for what they did in 2018(the date on that chart), but I know since December 2021, they haven’t. I was both a ticket agent and an operations agent for Allegiant flights. I sold tickets as well as got the emails to reassign seats from oversold flights because planes were being changed.
You don't want to get me started on AAY. Do you know Maurice Gallagher and his "leadership" are the same bunch from Valujet? They may "say" they do not intentionally overbook, but they are listed in DOT Part 250 and the Contract of Carriage shows their ability to overbook at will and as a normal course of business.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Here’s a more recent article as well as a screen shot from it:

Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air and JetBlue Airways (JBLU) - Get Free Report took a respective second and third place when it comes to the lowest number of bumpings.

"Allegiant Air, one of the primary ultra-low-cost airlines in the US, is one of the least likely airlines to bump passengers from their scheduled flights," reads the report. "Offering both low prices and seat security, the airline bumped 569 passengers voluntarily between April and June 2022. No passengers were involuntarily bumped."
LOL..."Involuntarily" means dragged off

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You don't want to get me started on AAY. Do you know Maurice Gallagher and his "leadership" are the same bunch from Valujet? They may "say" they do not intentionally overbook, but they are listed in DOT Part 250 and the Contract of Carriage shows their ability to overbook at will and as a normal course of business.
I don’t work for Allegiant. I have no idea who runs the company, only who runs the show at my airport.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Lol. You missed the part in the article that says no one was involuntarily bumped off Allegiant flights, as well in the quote I posted.
I didn't miss it. I noted that "Involuntarily" means no one was dragged off the flight. They ask for volunteers and people jump to get something they perceive to be better than what they currently have. You know this.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No offense, but I work with these people.
I, and many others that know...won't fly AAY (Allegiant)
People either love them or hate them. So far, I’ve had no problems flying with them. One reason is because I know that aircraft maintenance at my airport is top notch. Because they’re so thorough, they’d always get stuck fixing planes that belong to other airports.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
People either love them or hate them. So far, I’ve had no problems flying with them. One reason is because I know that aircraft maintenance at my airport is top notch. Because they’re so thorough, they’d always get stuck fixing planes that belong to other airports.
Ummmm......I'll leave you with your beliefs, but most airline MX and Flops people know something completely different than what you just stated. I have quite a bit of experience with them on A319/320 integrations.
Where are you? A "Class I" MX Base in smh? I know Scotty, the MX Director there.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ummmm......I'll leave you with your beliefs, but most airline MX and Flops people know something completely different than what you just stated. I have quite a bit of experience with them on A319/320 integrations.
Where are you? A "Class I" MX Base in smh? I know Skip, the MX Director there.
I’m in Florida.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I know. Either S friend B (Sanford) or PGD. Been to all AAY's Class I's (IWA/AZA, LAS, smh, PGD). They're all pretty bad.
You confused me with the SMH. As far as I know, Sanford is smh. I’ve never been there. PGD is a cute but rapidly growing airport. I was surprised at how many Allegiant flights leave from there every day.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You confused me with the SMH. As far as I know, Sanford is smh. I’ve never been there. PGD is a cute but rapidly growing airport. I was surprised at how many Allegiant flights leave from there every day.
BC censors certain letter arrangements like S.....friend.....B for Sanford. Punta Gorda is nice.

I can't even type the letter EFFF

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Allegiant serves a lot of underserved markets. If I want to fly from West Virginia to Orlando at a low price they are the only option.
Many National Carriers got their start with the Essential Service Program and carrying USPS 1st Class mail. Allegiant’s model woks…for now. (So did Valujet’s until they killed 110 people.)