Albany NY facility overloaded

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Heard a bunch of supervisors from out-of-state were sent to Albany this week to run routes. Building is outdated and can't keep up with the holiday crush. The building looks small on Google Earth so they're lucky we've had good weather so far.
Nothing like UPS preparing ahead of time.....lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
One year when I was bumpin' off boxes during peak, I called in for help. (Rule #1 when you call in for help and you pick a meet point, always pick a restaurant or fast food parking lot, that way, you can get a bite to eat if you have to wait for your meet man.)
and the center sent me out the UPS lawyer. Nowadays they probably pay retainers, but back then they had a lawyer working for the company and he did only UPS stuff. This guy shows up and you can still see the creases in his brand spanking new UPS browns. I gave him the easiest stuff I had left, as well as setting it up and numbering the packages. haha He still got lost. I bet when he was going to law school, he didn't figure on delivering packages. He quit shortly thereafter.

Dr.Brownz

There is none. That's how the company can turn a blind eye.

If they tell me I have to drive on a Saturday because everyone is out of hours I'm going to bring it up and see what the response is. Should be interesting...

Call the dot and tell them ups is knowingly doing this instead of hiring more seasonals

Ive already called them this year and im fairly sure ups pays them off or falsifys records or their staff just doesnt care

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Call the dot and tell them ups is knowingly doing this instead of hiring more seasonals

Ive already called them this year and im fairly sure ups pays them off or falsifys records or their staff just doesnt care
I'm not going to call the DOT. We have plenty of seasonals. What we need is more vehicles and a place to load them.

FeeDerp

You can't commercially drive, if you have worked over 60 hours in a week. DOT rules includes all paid work.

Wrong.

Ever hear of the 70/8 rule?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-09-17-31-33.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-09-17-31-33.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 181