Alcohol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You came to work in a possibly impaired state with the full intent of getting behind that wheel.

Just curious----was a manager the first to see you that morning or did a co-worker see you first and alert your mgt team to your possible impairment? Either way, it sounds as though a potential tragedy may have been averted.

I sincerely hope that you seek the help that you so clearly need.
312192AC-07B1-488A-A1E9-2F329EE4BA31.jpeg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lost Mom last year July22nd, anniversary of her death is coming up and then Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I would never drink on the job so I was surprised, wasn’t even clocked in let alone behind the wheel
Not clocked in yet or behind the wheel but you were on company property reporting to work. And dude, pointing out the obvious…..if you were just under the legal limit 8-9 hours after your last drink, you must’ve been blasted out of your mind drunk the night before (on a work night). Smarten up, get some help and don’t do it again.

Yolo

Right to the point: so a supervisor smelled alcohol on me before I didn’t even began to start my route( let alone start the truck) so 2 Union stewards who went through re hab for years who are keen to smelling alcohol, they didn’t smell anything. So I went to get tested and my B.A.C was barley at the state limit. So I get discharged at the same time they mean terminated. Mind you I had a drink 9 hours before I went to work. The nurse said I wouldn’t notice I was impaired despite not showing signs of it. So I’m screwed aren’t I?

Had a few too many Bud lights?

rentadawg

Not clocked in yet or behind the wheel but you were on company property reporting to work. And dude, pointing out the obvious…..if you were just under the legal limit 8-9 hours after your last drink, you must’ve been blasted out of your mind drunk the night before (on a work night). Smarten up, get some help and don’t do it again.
I wasn’t drunk. This is literally what the doctor said. And definitely won’t be doing that again

qdg2

So, what are we talking about here?

Clocking in doesn't mean beans until start time.

Now, being on company property means a lot of things. So does "unprofessional conduct".........Anything before start time doesn't just go. Lot's of folks have been fired for lot's of things on and off of property.

Theoretically, you could smell like weed and alcohol and have done(consumed) neither.

Reporting for work......ok. So?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
A supervisor claimed said he smelled it. And Union rehab drivers said they smelled nothing and I already explained what the doctor said. I’m already going under conditions. Which I also explained already. 1 night of drinking doesn’t mean you need help dog. I’ve only done it for 4 months on weekends.
Be thankful, man, and just be careful. Don’t let this setback bring you down.