Alcohol

rentadawg

You drunk right now ? Your not making any sense Don’t mean to be crass but let’s keep things real
No. I would be typing like a crazy person. I only do weekends but since I’m always sent home I just enjoy the time off, all I do is apartment routes, so I love the downtime

rentadawg

Yes. You have said that twice now.
Poor sleeping and eating habits coupled with alcohol consumption, you will be the same, as in an early death percentile.
When asked the same question in different ways, I answer the same. I get blood work every year I’m healthy as a horse for whatever reason.

clean hairy

Lost Mom last year July22nd, anniversary of her death is coming up and then Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I would never drink on the job so I was surprised, wasn’t even clocked in let alone behind the wheel
Unless you walked to work, you were behind the wheel to get to work....

Integrity

Binge Poster
I quit drinking nearly two years ago.
This very thing was definitely a concern for me. I was a 2 or 3 beers a night kind of guy. Good, craft beer. 7.2 percent IPAs, 12 percent bourbon barrel stouts, high ABV Belgian styles. But I had that itch sometimes where I'd put back 5 or 6 on a Wednesday and Thursday would suck, and I probably wasn't the best coworker.
This wasn't the only reason I quit. But my wife is who made it possible. She held me accountable, and I never went back.
Did you quit on your own or did you get help with quitting?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
31started drinking 4 months ago
Look. It sounds like you're going through a lot right now. I'm not trying to be mean. But your story is contradicted by your past posts, as some other posters pointed out.
So my Mom passed July 22nd last month. And I’ve been deep into alcohol. Is there any program from the company or Union that get my feet back on the ground. I walked out today seeing I had 212 stops on a 8hr, I’m sure that’s grounds for job abandonment. But it is what it is. Any tips driver fam?
By your words, not mine, you were already having big alcohol problems as of August of last year.
So which is it? 4 months, or 8 months+?

You aren't shooting straight with us.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Look. It sounds like you're going through a lot right now. I'm not trying to be mean. But your story is contradicted by your past posts, as some other posters pointed out.

By your words, not mine, you were already having big alcohol problems as of August of last year.
So which is it? 4 months, or 8 months+?

You aren't shooting straight with us.
...which is ironic as he was shooting straight vodka...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lost Mom last year July22nd, anniversary of her death is coming up and then Mother’s Day is right around the corner. I would never drink on the job so I was surprised, wasn’t even clocked in let alone behind the wheel
You came to work in a possibly impaired state with the full intent of getting behind that wheel.

Just curious----was a manager the first to see you that morning or did a co-worker see you first and alert your mgt team to your possible impairment? Either way, it sounds as though a potential tragedy may have been averted.

I sincerely hope that you seek the help that you so clearly need.