Alexandria Ocasio Cortez has a challenger for her seat.

BrownArmy

One of the deal breakers was that Bezos had a slave house oops I mean warehouse in the district with 2500 workers. Workers slaving in bad conditions for bad pay were trying to get organized and hold a vote on union elections. Bezos had to agree not to interfere or retaliate against efforts to unionize in exchange for that candy jar filed with 3 billion dollars worth of goodies He wouldn't consent to it. AOC didn't bust the deal . Bezos busted it himself.

It’s so random, Amazon makes $100B a year and pays no taxes.

If I was Bezos, I’d say: great, Unionize.

You’ll get your $20-25 an hour, and I’ll have you locked in a contract.

Maybe then his warehouse workers can stop wearing diapers because they can’t take a bathroom break, wtf.

He’s trying to ‘disrupt’ Healthcare, lulz, he’s trying to ‘disrupt’ the space industry, lulz.

He should start by disrupting his ‘Gilded Age’ treatment of his own workers.

Even Nazi-sympathizer Henry Ford let his workers go to the bathroom.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
One of the deal breakers was that Bezos had a slave house oops I mean warehouse in the district with 2500 workers. Workers slaving in bad conditions for bad pay were trying to get organized and hold a vote on union elections. Bezos had to agree not to interfere or retaliate against efforts to unionize in exchange for that candy jar filed with 3 billion dollars worth of goodies He wouldn't consent to it. AOC didn't bust the deal . Bezos busted it himself.
OK

Serf

Demographics are Destiny. Latinos got her elected. I've also been to her district. The bullet proof glass on the bodega Windows is almost thicker than Bank of America's.

newfie

dude you just make crap up .

Ocasio-Cortez cheers as Amazon reportedly reconsiders NY HQ after fierce opposition

bacha29

Fox News. What do you expect? It says he might "reconsider" NYC. Doesn't say he's going back and the story about his sweat shop warehouse is a copyrighted story in a major national weekly print news publication the I subscribe to. And no it's not Pravada or MSNBC . The message to Bezos was clear. You want billions in taxpayer subsidies? There will be conditions and here they are. If you get your rocks off gaming cities and taxpayers, fine. But, you won't do it here.

newfie

Fox News. What do you expect? It says he might "reconsider" NYC. Doesn't say he's going back and the story about his sweat shop warehouse is a copyrighted story in a major national weekly print news publication the I subscribe to. And no it's not Pravada or MSNBC . The message to Bezos was clear. You want billions in taxpayer subsidies? There will be conditions and here they are. If you get your rocks off gaming cities and taxpayers, fine. But, you won't do it here.

ok buddy , live in denial all you want but new Yorkers in her district are pissed that she chased those jobs away.

Box Ox

The message to Bezos was clear. You want billions in taxpayer subsidies? There will be conditions and here they are. If you get your rocks off gaming cities and taxpayers, fine. But, you won't do it here.

Yeah! The City's taxpayers are going to have high expectations after they drop off those billions in sacks full of cash at Jeff Bezos's doorstep! Because that's how it works per AOC!

bacha29

ok buddy , live in denial all you want but new Yorkers in her district are pissed that she chased those jobs away.
One of the fears and with good reason was Bezos would chase away affordable housing and in doing so chase away many residents native to that district and lived there all they're lives. In fact outside real estate speculators were already jumping in and buying up all the rental properties that could be upgraded to premium rentals to accommodate the high salaried engineers and executives Bezos would be bringing in and of course at premium rental rates.
When the deal was called off these greedy expletive deleted's went crying to the media about the fact that they really didn't want the properties in the first place but only on the news that Amazon was coming and the prospect of converting them to upscale properties with rental rates nobody who had lived there all their lives could even begin to pay.
This was a well covered story Newf and you couldn't blame the people of that area for fighting back because there was nothing in the deal for them aside from being forced to find some place else to live at prices they could afford to pay....Good luck finding that in New York City.

vantexan

One of the fears and with good reason was Bezos would chase away affordable housing and in doing so chase away many residents native to that district and lived there all they're lives. In fact outside real estate speculators were already jumping in and buying up all the rental properties that could be upgraded to premium rentals to accommodate the high salaried engineers and executives Bezos would be bringing in and of course at premium rental rates.
When the deal was called off these greedy expletive deleted's went crying to the media about the fact that they really didn't want the properties in the first place but only on the news that Amazon was coming and the prospect of converting them to upscale properties with rental rates nobody who had lived there all their lives could even begin to pay.
This was a well covered story Newf and you couldn't blame the people of that area for fighting back because there was nothing in the deal for them aside from being forced to find some place else to live at prices they could afford to pay....Good luck finding that in New York City.
Seems most people in the area wanted those jobs. Usually the people who complain are those who don't benefit.

floridays

In this instance I wish I was well versed in rent control, a mechanism deployed in the five boroughs as I've been led to believe.

Exactly how would the current residents have been evicted? How would their rent been raised without the blessing of the social justice councilmen and local representatives? You seem to have all the answers, please address these questions.
My only desire is to be educated, please "school" me.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’s so random, Amazon makes $100B a year and pays no taxes.

If I was Bezos, I’d say: great, Unionize.

You’ll get your $20-25 an hour, and I’ll have you locked in a contract.

Maybe then his warehouse workers can stop wearing diapers because they can’t take a bathroom break, wtf.

He’s trying to ‘disrupt’ Healthcare, lulz, he’s trying to ‘disrupt’ the space industry, lulz.

He should start by disrupting his ‘Gilded Age’ treatment of his own workers.

Even Nazi-sympathizer Henry Ford let his workers go to the bathroom.
Ford’s service department consisted of goons that would literally bust your :censored2:ing head if you tried unionizing.

bacha29

In this instance I wish I was well versed in rent control, a mechanism deployed in the five boroughs as I've been led to believe.

Exactly how would the current residents have been evicted? How would their rent been raised without the blessing of the social justice councilmen and local representatives? You seem to have all the answers, please address these questions.
My only desire is to be educated, please "school" me.
NYC rent control and statistics are public information readily available and first among them is that more than 42% of NYC apartments are NOT rent controlled.

floridays

NYC rent control and statistics are public information readily available and first among them is that more than 42% of NYC apartments are NOT rent controlled.
The question was multi-faceted, please address the entirety.
I made it clear I was uneducated in the matter and was seeking answers, I see you do not like answering direct questions.

bacha29

The question was multi-faceted, please address the entirety.
I made it clear I was uneducated in the matter and was seeking answers, I see you do not like answering direct questions.
What is it about 42% not rent controlled you don't get? . Rent controls only apply to apartment buildings with more than 6 units with rents under $2700 per month Now if somebody decides to buy the building remodel and upgrade it who's going to stop them?