Alison vs Mitch

upschuck

I wouldn't go that far.

Other than maybe let's say $250 every time a contract is negotiated on your behalf.
And how would union collect it. We signed a document to let the union deduct monies from our checks, they are not going to volunteer a $250 check to the union every x amount of years. I say all or nothing, but that is just me. I do like the rate structure, though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And how would union collect it. We signed a document to let the union deduct monies from our checks, they are not going to volunteer a $250 check to the union every x amount of years. I say all or nothing, but that is just me. I do like the rate structure, though.
It wouldn't be that hard. The union could still have access to deduct money but would be subject to fines or something if they deducted inappropriately.

Politics are about finding an acceptable middle ground. I see this as a way to appease both sides. You give the worker an individual choice and you give the union the right to collect for their services.

upschuck

It wouldn't be that hard. The union could still have access to deduct money but would be subject to fines or something if they deducted inappropriately.

Politics are about finding an acceptable middle ground. I see this as a way to appease both sides. You give the worker an individual choice and you give the union the right to collect for their services.
I agree, that is why non union wages and benefits, along with your first post is an acceptable middle ground. I would dare to say, most people don't make it through contract time, and therefore wouldn't pay a dime. Also a lot who were thinking of quitting would quit just before, and then more would get hired just after the magical date, so no money for union anyway.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree, that is why non union wages and benefits, along with your first post is an acceptable middle ground. I would dare to say, most people don't make it through contract time, and therefore wouldn't pay a dime. Also a lot who were thinking of quitting would quit just before, and then more would get hired just after the magical date, so no money for union anyway.
You got me there. I hadn't considered part time turn over.

Atomic_Smurf

The union is taking advantage of these workers & I can't imagine what the turnover will be once the Teamsters start keeping their pay raises. For all the BS talk I hear on here about increasing minimum wage, I sure don't see our leaders taking a stand for its own low wage members. Personally I don't think new hires should be asked to pay a dime in dues until they are earning a reasonable wage.

Ron Carey lives on

Or is it even worth to waste time, with people who have no sense of history and brotherhood. Good lord, do you not understand people died for your collective bargaining rights

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Or is it even worth to waste time, with people who have no sense of history and brotherhood. Good lord, do you not understand people died for your collective bargaining rights

Sent using BrownCafe App
People died so for our collective bargaining rights so let's take advantage of new hires, siphon off future pay raises, screw retirees & sacrifice our health insurance for a liberal social agenda. Good thinking.

upschuck

Sent using BrownCafe App
Not worth the time. You, me, nor anyone else would be able to change it, for he will always have a reason to not join.

Ron Carey lives on

If being a union member, eats at your conscience so. Why continue to be a member? If decades of being a member have provided a livelihood, why so much hate. Maybe that conflict is the reason you are in such bad shape mentally

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

A t-shirt that has IBT on means I am a proud member of a brotherhood.Doesn't mean I walk lock step with James Hoffa .A t-shirt with an American flag on it, doesn't mean I agree 100% withe the commander and chief, but I am a proud American

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

If being a union member, eats at your conscience so. Why continue to be a member? If decades of being a member have provided a livelihood, why so much hate. Maybe that conflict is the reason you are in such bad shape mentally

Sent using BrownCafe App
Decades of being a member didn't provided my livelihood. I had to show up & put in countless hours of back breaking work for that. The union was there to collect its share along the way.

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

Hmm...what a coincidence. I won't wear a National Right To Work Committee T-shirt in public. Don't want people thinking I support idiots like Walker, McConnell & Paul.
For the record I don't support McConnell. He is the sole reason I'll never give another dime to the GOP. In this election however he is the least of 2 evils. Grimes' best tactic would be to capitalize on the dissatisfaction among his own base. The other side to that is people know this election isnt just about Grimes & McConnell but about control of the senate with national ramifications as to whether our country continues to implement Obamas anti-American communist agenda or bring it to a hault. That's why I'll support McConnell & any Tea party challenger that wishes to unseat him. To bad you guys didn't get involved when it could have made a difference.