Alison vs Mitch

Atomic_Smurf

From your Wikipedia link- "Supplemental Poverty Measure takes into account differences in cost of living between states (i.e. housing costs appreciably higher/lower than the national average) as well as taxes and the value of government assistance programs."

Open the drop down labeled "States".
The last column is the Supplemental Poverty Measure & has California as the highest poverty rate at 23.8%

:)

Ron Carey lives on

Governors are puppets on the strings of corporate America and their lobbyists. If they say RTW the Governors jump to it. It has nothing to do with the right thing, and has everything to do with corporate greed

Sent using BrownCafe App

MAKAVELI

From your Wikipedia link- "Supplemental Poverty Measure takes into account differences in cost of living between states (i.e. housing costs appreciably higher/lower than the national average) as well as taxes and the value of government assistance programs."

Open the drop down labeled "States".
The last column is the Supplemental Poverty Measure & has California as the highest poverty rate at 23.8%

:)
From the same link.

California leads U.S. states in agriculture, technology and manufacturing revenue growth, Bloomberg data show. It’s home to more companies on the S&P 500 than any other state. The state’s job growth outpaced the nation’s in the first nine months of last year. California’s non-farm employment of 15.7 million people is at an all-time high.

Atomic_Smurf

Governors are puppets on the strings of corporate America and their lobbyists. If they say RTW the Governors jump to it. It has nothing to do with the right thing, and has everything to do with corporate greed

Sent using BrownCafe App
Some Governors honor their oath & work for their constituents while others end up in prison like Obamas bff Rod Blagojevich for abusing the power in trusted in them to get rich. At last count 4 of Illinois last 7 governors are in prison. I see no link between RTW & corrupt politicians.

Atomic_Smurf

From the same link.

California leads U.S. states in agriculture, technology and manufacturing revenue growth, Bloomberg data show. It’s home to more companies on the S&P 500 than any other state. The state’s job growth outpaced the nation’s in the first nine months of last year. California’s non-farm employment of 15.7 million people is at an all-time high.
...which makes you wonder how a state with such a large economy could have so many financial problems.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
From the same link.

Yet on Jan 1, 2015 the cap and trade tax went into effect on gasoline raising the tax on gasoline about a dime a gallon.
I say that will devestate the economy of California when the price goes back up. We already have the 2nd highest gasoline prices in the nation. Typical liberal Democrat thinking. Always wanting more from the people to prop up government.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yet on Jan 1, 2015 the cap and trade tax went into effect on gasoline raising the tax on gasoline about a dime a gallon.
I say that will devestate the economy of California when the price goes back up. We already have the 2nd highest gasoline prices in the nation. Typical liberal Democrat thinking. Always wanting more from the people to prop up government.
Did you take advantage of that cheap taxpayer tuition for your kids?

realbrown1

Did you take advantage of that cheap taxpayer tuition for your kids?
You mean the roughly 15k to 25k a year it is to attend a state college. No. My 2 eldest choose professions where they could start work immediately and my youngest is still in high school.

But that has nothing to do with the state of California's tax rip off of tax payers. We have near the highest income, property, gas and sales taxes in the nation. And do we get anything more than other states for that? Hell no. It just goes to feed the government beast so that it can grow.

Ron Carey lives on

What if your hero Walker just said " you know I could think of a lot of things that deserves my attention other than putting a bullseye on working folks, I mean these union members are going to work. Less focus on welfare to work, or infrastructure, or getting a decent wage for people who wake up and do the right thing" , well I can tell you that doesn't sit well with his sponsors the Kochs

Sent using BrownCafe App

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You mean the roughly 15k to 25k a year it is to attend a state college. No. My 2 eldest choose professions where they could start work immediately and my youngest is still in high school.

But that has nothing to do with the state of California's tax rip off of tax payers. We have near the highest income, property, gas and sales taxes in the nation. And do we get anything more than other states for that? Hell no. It just goes to feed the government beast so that it can grow.
So the part where residents pay roughly a 3k fee and the state picks up the rest is false? I pay $100 a week in state income taxes and $4500 property taxes on a house assessed at 179,000.

Atomic_Smurf

What if your hero Walker just said " you know I could think of a lot of things that deserves my attention other than putting a bullseye on working folks, I mean these union members are going to work. Less focus on welfare to work, or infrastructure, or getting a decent wage for people who wake up and do the right thing" , well I can tell you that doesn't sit well with his sponsors the Kochs

Sent using BrownCafe App
Republicans have been trying to get welfare recipients to work for decades & it usually results in allegations of racism. They even passed a welfare to work bill in the early 90's & sent it to Clinton who signed it into law. It worked so well he eventually claimed credit for it. Fast forward to the current president who suspended those very minimum work requirements for welfare recipients & gave them a portion of your health insurance earnings. Walkers doing a lot for the people he works for & if they decide to pass RTW in Wisconsin the voters will see that all the hyperventilating, fear mongering & propaganda put out by our unions was nothing more than lies to demonize Walker & his party, just like we saw here in my state.

realbrown1

So the part where residents pay roughly a 3k fee and the state picks up the rest is false? I pay $100 a week in state income taxes and $4500 property taxes on a house assessed at 179,000.
False. In state tuition for a UC is $13,300.00.
For full time Cal State school is $10,900.00 a year.
And that doesn't include books, food or a room.