Alison vs Mitch

Ron Carey lives on

Hey smurf, still fighting the bad fight I see. What is it about " right to work" that appeals to you? Is it dues itself that bothers you? Is it your local leadership, your IBT leadership? What has made you a proponent to this destructive and dangerous law

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Hey smurf, still fighting the bad fight I see. What is it about " right to work" that appeals to you? Is it dues itself that bothers you? Is it your local leadership, your IBT leadership? What has made you a proponent to this destructive and dangerous law

Sent using BrownCafe App
Nice to see you back RC. I was afraid you had gone off the deep end & joined Isis or something. You know I'm just joking about that but since we last talked the left has really shown their true colors. From the liberals meltdown about the American Sniper movie to the president chastising Christians for condemning senseless murders by islamists. But we'll just pick it up here. Thank you for your renewed commitment to civility by the way. It looks way better on you.

1) What is it about "right to work" that appeals to me you ask?... I like that union membership has grown in RTW states by 5% while non-rtw unions have declined by 4.5% and being an advocate for a strong union I like that it makes our leadership more accountable to its members. Like having a nuclear bomb, you hope to never have to use it but you are a heck of a lot more persuasive when u have it than when you dont. Will be interesting to see what happens with 710 if the contract is voted down a second time considering the number of members that are in RTW states Iowa & Indiana & possibly Illinois in the future. Pissing off the membership by forcing us into a concessionary contract like they did to a Kentucky local can't be good for business & the "leadership" has to take that into consideration. Not to mention the economic benefits states are seeing by adopting the law & the fact that household incomes are rising faster for those families.
2)Is it dues itself that bothers you?... Don't be silly. I have nothing against paying for a service that I find value in, just like my cable bill or any other. What I don't like is paying for representation that is more interested in representing Washington liberals rather than the people that pay their salaries.
3) Is it your local leadership, your IBT leadership?..Both have proved themselves to be beyond useless.
4) What has made you a proponent to this destructive and dangerous law?...First I'm not a proponent. I'm a defender, only because it has been vilified, lied about, misconstrued, & used as a wedge for political gain. Second I disagree with the premise that it is a dangerous & destructive law because the facts, as they are, before being molested, misused & misrepresented say otherwise.

As I've explained many times before. RTW has been a distraction from the real issues working people face. Workers have been busy fighting an imaginary monster while their health insurance benefits were being legislated away, their freedoms infringed upon & their country downgraded by progressive, anti-American, anti-christian, communist politicians.

Ron Carey lives on

Why, with all the problems in the world, some you make points on, is " right to work" at the top of the to do list with politicians? Why the sense of urgency to push this law?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Why, with all the problems in the world, some you make points on, is " right to work" at the top of the to do list with politicians? Why the sense of urgency to push this law?

Sent using BrownCafe App

With all the problems in the world... Governors deal with issues in their states, not in the world. A governors job is to attract new businesses, reduce joblessness & stimulate the overall economic health of their state. In most cases RTW is just one part of that plan. If there is urgency I would guess it is because the governors in those states aren't content to stand by & watch the slow bleed of jobs as they move out of the country.

For all the fear mongering & dire, doomsday predictions that where thrown around before RTW was passed here, there hasn't been a single one come true. The only obstacles we have faced have come from Washington DC.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I will say right to work states are doing better at adding jobs.
Coincidence?

Ron Carey lives on

Rtw states workers earn an average of 1500.00 less a year. Rtw states workers are less likely to have health insurance. Rtw states have a 52% higher death on the job ratios. Check out the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

End of prevailing wage or "scale" wage. End of negotiated benefits, except for of course the benefits of the big corporations by having an unskilled workforce

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

You are right. It is Governor's job to create jobs. That being said is it a Governor's job to change years of tradition of skilled and quality work, to get his jobs numbers sound bite.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Rtw states workers earn an average of 1500.00 less a year. Rtw states workers are less likely to have health insurance. Rtw states have a 52% higher death on the job ratios. Check out the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Sent using BrownCafe App
RTW states also have an average of 2" more rain fall per year than non-rtw states. However adopting RTW won't increase your average rain fall. It is also a fact that more people are killed and eaten by grizzly bears in non-RTW states like Alaska, Colorado & Montana. That is a fact, however I will spare everyone the absurdity of linking it to a political motivation.

Working people in general, are less likely to have health insurance today than before the Affordable Care Act was passed & that had nothing to do with RTW.

OSHA laws & regulations are no less valid in RTW states. A discrepancy of on the job death rates can be attributed to the type of work being done in those states. Jobs in the construction industry, agriculture, etc. simply have more job hazards than you would have working in an office in New York. Kentucky actually has a much higher occupational death rate than its RTW neighbor Tennessee & of the the top 4 states for occupational deaths only one, Wyoming, is a RTW state.

Atomic_Smurf

You are right. It is Governor's job to create jobs. That being said is it a Governor's job to change years of tradition of skilled and quality work, to get his jobs numbers sound bite.

Sent using BrownCafe App
No. It isn't just about a jobs number sound bite. It is about the working families who are able to live a quality dependency free life that those jobs numbers represent.

realbrown1

Im sure those are good jobs.
The ones in Texas are. The biggest job gains and the biggest income gains in the nation.
Now where I am at, California, liberal paradise, after this new cap and trade garbage that went into effect Jan. 1, we will be sending Texas even more good jobs.
Liberalism does't work in the real world. Freedom from over burdening government does work in the real world.

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

The ones in Texas are. The biggest job gains and the biggest income gains in the nation.
Now where I am at, California, liberal paradise, after this new cap and trade garbage that went into effect Jan. 1, we will be sending Texas even more good jobs.
Liberalism does't work in the real world. Freedom from over burdening government does work in the real world.
Yea California is in the race to the bottom.:cool:
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/18/california-economy-surpasses-brazils

realbrown1

realbrown1

And yet the story says "Almost a quarter of Californians live in poverty, the highest rate in the nation, according to the U.S. Census Bureau." How is that even possible?
They've given up their freedom for a little government security known as welfare. And welfare keeps you in poverty. That's how.