All Air Drivers To Be Eliminated?

shalang

Drivers on road until 11 pm (outside of Peak)? BS.
In our hub, yes. Why would I need to lie about this? I have seen it personally. Even some drivers themselves dread having gone FT because their centers are heavy.

9-5 doesnt work. Lots of guys always complaining to the on road supervisors but it ia never resolved. The work needs to get done.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have never said that UPS is a 9-5 job. As you said, 9-5 does not work at UPS; however, neither does working until 11 pm.

Let's assume a 8:15 am start and a 45 minute lunch to make the math work.

11 hours of driving with an 8:15 am start and a 45 minute lunch would mean you would need to be off road by 8 pm, not 11 pm. You could work an additional 3 hours but someone else would need to drive.

Mr Shifter

At my hub we have drivers regularly get 59+ hours a week mon-friday. If you start at 9am and take your full hour break you can legally work until 11pm. That's 14hrs punch to punch.

shalang

I have never said that UPS is a 9-5 job. As you said, 9-5 does not work at UPS; however, neither does working until 11 pm.

Let's assume a 8:15 am start and a 45 minute lunch to make the math work.

11 hours of driving with an 8:15 am start and a 45 minute lunch would mean you would need to be off road by 8 pm, not 11 pm. You could work an additional 3 hours but someone else would need to drive.

9-5 is an actual list drivees can sign up for, in our hub at least. I was referring to that. I never said that you said that.

I also said on most days it's until 10-11. Not all drivers start at 8. You can drive a max of 13.99 hours per day with a 10 hour gap between shifts. This is DOT regulations.

9-5 is an actual list drivees can sign up for, in our hub at least. I was referring to that. I never said that you said that.

I also said on most days it's until 10-11. Not all drivers start at 8. You can drive a max of 13.99 hours per day with a 10 hour gap between shifts. This is DOT regulations.
You can still only have 60 hours on the clock

shalang

You can still only have 60 hours on the clock
Thats why I corrected myself and said most days. I also mentioned that drivers frequently run out of hours here.

Also to clarify for others, 60 is maximum for driving. You can hit as many hours you want if its in the hub, but thats a different conversation.

Inthegame

In our hub, yes. Why would I need to lie about this? I have seen it personally. Even some drivers themselves dread having gone FT because their centers are heavy.

9-5 doesnt work. Lots of guys always complaining to the on road supervisors but it ia never resolved. The work needs to get done.
Read Art 37. If your guys are getting those hours and on the 9.5 list, that is definitely understaffing and should be pursued through the grievance procedure. Use the language or quit complaining.
This sounds very exaggerated.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So I heard a rumor someone was calling BS about working 14hr days. Folks also forget generally guys 05 during crap days like that and management allows it. But yeah, we had guys hitting 55+ this past Friday, even only working 4 days, ask me how I know.