All amazon today

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Funny thing is I didn’t see any amazon vans out delivering today.

There were plenty of them out there in my area. Their warehouse is right down the street from our hub and we use the same road to get to the highway. This morning that road was a backup of Amazon vans and brown trucks and I wondered why. Got further up the road and saw that a transit bus had smashed into the back of one of the white vans.

Anyhow I did notice that there were less Amazon delivered packages than usual today. Usually there's plenty of them littered at some of the same houses I have a stop at. Seemed like Amazon gave most of the stuff to us instead today. Looking at my truck this morning, if I removed all the Amazon packages I think there was only a couple hours worth of work in there total.

Wondering how January is gonna be. I imagine Amazon should be able to deliver most of their own stuff since their volume should be much lighter than peak. Which means our trucks will look pretty damn light. Are we gonna see some 2008-2009 type route cuts in the beginning of the new decade?

barnyard

KTM rider
At 11:30 am the FedEx ground guy in my area had 26 stops left. I had about 180 left

In our area, FEG will not catch up till after the New Year. They are a week to 10 days behind and have been making the evening news regularly.
We are behind at at least one of our buildings, but for whatever reason, have not made the news.
I went by our building at 1900 and there was still cars out. Volume wise, we were not down that much from Friday.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It’s sad that more than half of my 224 stops today is all Amazon.
I have two apartment complexes on my peak route and the last two days were incredible. Quadruple the volume from last year (I did the same route) and it was 80% Amazon. It literally looked like I was working for Amazon wheeling all those damn brown and blue boxes around

MrBates

Now that you mentioned it, you’re absolutely right. I didn’t see a single one today and I normally see at least 5 different ones daily.

Didn't see any Amazon vans either. They took a big dump in our hub with most of our routes going out with 12+ hours dispatch, package cars all filled with Amazon. center manager calls me and asks if he should send help I said nah I'm good. I was the last one to put my Diad in the slot at 22:47. I'm taking every crumb that falls off the table.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Didn't see any Amazon vans either. They took a big dump in our hub with most of our routes going out with 12+ hours dispatch, package cars all filled with Amazon. center manager calls me and asks if he should send help I said nah I'm good. I was the last one to put my Diad in the slot at 22:47. I'm taking every crumb that falls off the table.
I saw one Amazon van and he had less than 150 stops. I dont understand why we are kissing the ass of a competitor who is actively trying to steal pickups and pays crap for our services. We saved them this year.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So if we did not have the Amazon volume, where we would get the volume?

Amazon is fueling the extra routes. Packages = jobs everyday in my building.

Do we have some issues, sure but volume is not the problem I promise you.

badpal

With everybody right now sitting under the Christmas tree exchanging Amazon gift cards, The next month may be just as fun.

badpal

So if we did not have the Amazon volume, where we would get the volume?

Amazon is fueling the extra routes. Packages = jobs everyday in my building.

Do we have some issues, sure but volume is not the problem I promise you.
Well as a stockholder too, i just hope we making a profit off it.

Raw

Raw Member
Here is the lesson about Amazon, 15 years ago or longer I was complaining about how 25% of my deliveries were from Amazon. When Amazon stock was around $30 a share. What would a $10,000 investment back then in Amazon stock be worth today, around $3 million?

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Here is the lesson about Amazon, 15 years ago or longer I was complaining about how 25% of my deliveries were from Amazon. When Amazon stock was around $30 a share. What would a $10,000 investment back then in Amazon stock be worth today, around $3 million?
So did you learn the lesson yourself and invest in Amazon back then?