All amazon today

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I'm a member at Amazon to give and read product reviews only.

Anymore it seems that many of the things I read reviews on are counterfeit.

This morning I googled a toy my son received and Amazon had a ton of 1 star reviews because the sellers substituted counterfeit or lower price models when shipping.

Earlier this year I noticed the same issue with Samsung MicroSD cards. Sellers were sending counterfeit cards that didn't work.

Eventually, I think this is going to be a huge issue for Amazon.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I find it hard to believe we aren't making something no matter how little off of Amazon. Would this company really do that for no profit? No way.

I think the prospect of a razor thin margin on millions upon millions of packages is enough to keep UPS interested. The problem with thin margins is you have to control costs to the nth degree to make a profit. The results of this are evident when executive management puts a moratorium on spending towards the end of the quarter.

I think the prospect of a razor thin margin on millions upon millions of packages is enough to keep UPS interested. The problem with thin margins is you have to control costs to the nth degree to make a profit. The results of this are evident when executive management puts a moratorium on spending towards the end of the quarter.
Most of our rentals have already been returned

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think the margins are higher right now because of the 1 day prime. It's crazy the amount of extra air volume our building is processing because of this.

I'm sure the margin on next day is higher, but it didn't stop our district suits from panicking and yanking our helpers one day for no reason, and choosing not to deliver ground this last Saturday.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, if most of the seniority drivers are out there until close to midnight... the ot pay will eat away at any profit from delivering Amazon crap.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Anymore it seems that many of the things I read reviews on are counterfeit.

This morning I googled a toy my son received and Amazon had a ton of 1 star reviews because the sellers substituted counterfeit or lower price models when shipping.

Earlier this year I noticed the same issue with Samsung MicroSD cards. Sellers were sending counterfeit cards that didn't work.

Eventually, I think this is going to be a huge issue for Amazon.
It also doesn't help that you have crooks who will buy something authentic from Amazon and knowingly buy a counterfeit elsewhere dirt cheap, then return the fake to amazon and keep the real one. Since Amazon doesn't specialize in any particular field of product and their employees likely don't know :censored2: (or even care for that matter) when they inspect returned goods, one can safely presume that Amazon stock is laced with counterfeit goods. Another one of the reasons I prefer not to even deal with Amazon.

Johney

Millions of low profit packages combined equals a substantial chunk of change.

The people making decision's on whether or not we take Amazon volume depend on UPS making million's if not billion's in profits so they can make their millions after paying us.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Dry your hands with your disintegrating uniforms as you walk to the filthy package car that has a stack of 2019 calendars on the 4000 shelf.
#winning

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
It also doesn't help that you have crooks who will buy something authentic from Amazon and knowingly buy a counterfeit elsewhere dirt cheap, then return the fake to amazon and keep the real one. Since Amazon doesn't specialize in any particular field of product and their employees likely don't know :censored2: (or even care for that matter) when they inspect returned goods, one can safely presume that Amazon stock is laced with counterfeit goods. Another one of the reasons I prefer not to even deal with Amazon.

That's why you gotta use AmiAmi ;)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
And that's not even where Amazon's counterfeit problem ends. I've heard from victims who've purchased musical instruments, flash drives, and certain kinds of tools.

TTLS1

I try not to buy off amazon either, the problem I’ve ran into is I’ll buy it elsewhere and it still comes from amazon. I’ve bought several things off eBay, and they still arrive in a damn amazon box! Those sellers get a neutral feedback with the feedback saying “if I wanted it from amazon I woulda bought it from amazon”

Overpaid Union Thug

I try not to buy off amazon either, the problem I’ve ran into is I’ll buy it elsewhere and it still comes from amazon. I’ve bought several things off eBay, and they still arrive in a damn amazon box! Those sellers get a neutral feedback with the feedback saying “if I wanted it from amazon I woulda bought it from amazon”

If the majority of UPSers would cancel their prime membership and avoid EBay it would really hurt Amazon. Plus, they both have counterfeiting issues.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I don't have prime, but I was on EBay for a long time, both as a seller and a buyer.

Most are made in China, so I'm checking out Ali Express and wish to make sure I got the best price.

With EBay, you can use the buyer protection process if the item is counterfeit & I usually get a full refund without returning the items