All amazon today

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I try not to buy off amazon either, the problem I’ve ran into is I’ll buy it elsewhere and it still comes from amazon. I’ve bought several things off eBay, and they still arrive in a damn amazon box! Those sellers get a neutral feedback with the feedback saying “if I wanted it from amazon I woulda bought it from amazon”
I've only had that happen once. I saw the Amazon package and was like wtf. This particular time it was like they drop shipped it as an Amazon gift. Can't be a very cost effective business model.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Nope, butt I'm clearing the colon before I head out to the FedEx terminal...

I don't want to be part of that elite group that has to doo a #2 on route with rain bags... yet

U have a morning routine before heading to work, yas?

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yup, even at UPS bottom scale there's no comparison. Significantly harder work too. I'm eligible for the 9.5 list now and will be signing up. Been pulling 52-53 hrs/week since qualifying.
You have 5-6 months on the job and you're eligible for the 9.5 list? Wow.

Future

Victory Ride
So exactly how are you eligible for the 9.5 list with 6 months on the job?
58693F35-F50E-4093-B6AB-F0A07154C266.gif

Days

So if we did not have the Amazon volume, where we would get the volume?

Amazon is fueling the extra routes. Packages = jobs everyday in my building.

Do we have some issues, sure but volume is not the problem I promise you.

It is though because Amazon packages aren’t very profitable and labor expenses aren’t cheap. Even if UPS dropped Amazon and lost some money, you’d have to realize how much they’d save from cutting routes and having smoother building operations.

Rack em

Made the Podium
So exactly how are you eligible for the 9.5 list with 6 months on the job?
Article 22 Section 4-12
"Article 37. Section 1 (b) and (c) shall not apply to 22.4 combination drivers. In those buildings in which the company creates 22.4 combination jobs to cover weekend deliveries, Article 37 Section 1 (c) 9.5 protections shall apply to all seniority RPCDs regardless of the route they hold or number of years of seniority."

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Yup, we have a few 22.4s.

Article 22 Section 4-12
"Article 37. Section 1 (b) and (c) shall not apply to 22.4 combination drivers. In those buildings in which the company creates 22.4 combination jobs to cover weekend deliveries, Article 37 Section 1 (c) 9.5 protections shall apply to all seniority RPCDs regardless of the route they hold or number of years of seniority."

@Whither I owe you an apology, I thought you were talking out your ass like a lot of the new drivers do. Did not realize there was that section in the contract.

@Rack em I don't know how the hell you found that obscure section but thanks for pointing it out to me. I have to admit, I read the contract quite frequently but that is one section I rarely visit since we (my center)will not be getting any 22.4s for a very long time.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It is though because Amazon packages aren’t very profitable and labor expenses aren’t cheap. Even if UPS dropped Amazon and lost some money, you’d have to realize how much they’d save from cutting routes and having smoother building operations.

They maybe not very profitable, but cutting routes has never led to smoother building operations. Ask anyone on this forum....